Motoring Discussion > Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car Buying / Selling
Thread Author: IJWS14 Replies: 11

Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - IJWS14
Daughter has car on order but due to long lead the dealer wanted to reduce the price by several £00 per month between quote and order . .

Car is low milge and just over 4 years old so i can't see it depreciating much at all.

2008 Black Zetec S with less than 20k and spotless apart from a scuffed alloy.

WBAC has been mentioned and their price looked OK (just) but is it worth considering Autotrader?

Would not sell from her address.

OPther options??
 Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - mikeyb
If she is not willing to sell from her address then that limits you somewhat - if I was looking to buy a car privately and the seller would not declare where they lived then I would walk away.

Isn't the last registered keeper shown on the V5 anyway?

Noticed that autotrader now offer a new service - they effectively offer your car to trade buyers who bid against each other - if its low mileage then that may generate a good price

www.autotrader.co.uk/cars/selling/quick-sale?atcidi=ilc-cars-QCS008
 Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - Dutchie
IJW Could you sell the car for her.Explain to the buyer the situation,the car looks like a good buy should sell easy.
>> If she is not willing to sell from her address then that limits you somewhat
>> - if I was looking to buy a car privately and the seller would not
>> declare where they lived then I would walk away.
>>
>> Isn't the last registered keeper shown on the V5 anyway?
>>
>> Noticed that autotrader now offer a new service - they effectively offer your car to
>> trade buyers who bid against each other - if its low mileage then that may
>> generate a good price
>>
>> www.autotrader.co.uk/cars/selling/quick-sale?atcidi=ilc-cars-QCS008
>>

The Address is on the V5, just she is very shy and retiring. I am used to the recommendations saying you should buy from the registered address - will probably see if she will do that.
 Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - Westpig
>> Car is low milge and just over 4 years old so i can't see it
>> depreciating much at all.
>>
>> 2008 Black Zetec S with less than 20k and spotless apart from a scuffed alloy.

What engine size, what reg i.e. '57' or '08' or '58' and want do you want for it?

Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - bathtub tom
I've sold cars for my family before. We simply register them to my address. V5 then shows address the car's being sold from. It only takes a few days for the new V5 to arrive IIRC.
Are all the Zetec S's of that age the 1.6? This one is. note "Zetec S" Not "Zetec"

It is an 08, will talk to her about what she wants tomorrow.

New car arrives October so we have a little time to think.

edit - should say it is one of the last of the previous models, she does not like the current Fiesta.
Last edited by: IJWS14 on Fri 17 Aug 12 at 17:30

>> What engine size, what reg i.e. '57' or '08' or '58' and want do you
>> want for it?
>>
>>
>>
1.6L 08 Reg, FSH, some extras, around 5.5k, seen some at 6.5k on autotrader (trade) with 4 times the miles.
 Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - Bill Payer
You might find the engine size puts people off - even years ago, we struggled the sell a 1.6 Clio. The sort of person looking for it wants/needs cheap insurance so they were looking for the 1.2.

I've seen comments from dealers saying any petrol bigger than a 1.4 is tough to sell now.
But its the image which appeals to some people, lower suspension, spoiler, thin tyres (Harsh ride). Daughter loves it , wife hates riding in it.
 Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - Dutchie
And image is inportant to some people.If the car is nice and clean low mileage can't see a problem selling it on.
 Ford Fiesta - Selling low milage car - Focusless
>> But its the image which appeals to some people, lower suspension, spoiler, thin tyres (Harsh
>> ride).

But they can get that from a suitably tarted-up 1.3 - they don't need the bigger engine.

I suspect most of us on here, myself included, would rather go for an understated 1.6 than an overstated 1.3.

EDIT: but I'd happily take your daughter's car IJWS
Last edited by: Focus on Mon 20 Aug 12 at 15:14
Latest Forum Posts