Motoring Discussion > Traffic Calming RoI style. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 6

Traffic Calming RoI style. - R.P.
www.magireland.org/2012/news-media/dundalk-road-works/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

When we were over in April, the overall impression was of well built, well maintained roads. Saw a couple of examples of some very iffy traffic calming, downright dangerous to motorcycles. Seems it;s getting worse there.

www.magireland.org/2012/news-media/dundalk-road-works/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
 Traffic Calming RoI style. - Iffy
I don't like those black and yellow things bolted to the road.

Used over there as line dividers - only in Ireland. :)

Traffic Calming RoI style. - Mike Hannon
What I love about my ancestral home is the way you approach a village and see a 'SLOW' sign painted on the road. Then you go on a bit further and you see 'SLOWER!'.
Only in Ireland, etc.
 Traffic Calming RoI style. - L'escargot
>> Only in Ireland, etc.
>>

One yellow line means no parking.
Two yellow lines mean no parking at all.
Three yellow lines mean no parking at all at all.
 Traffic Calming RoI style. - L'escargot
>> I don't like those black and yellow things bolted to the road.
>>
>> Used over there as line dividers - only in Ireland. :)

And at the entrance to our Lidl carpark.
 Traffic Calming RoI style. - R.P.
At least Lidl leave bike sized gaps as they want to keep their customers alive.
 Traffic Calming RoI style. - Harleyman
A predictable example of how traffic planners (and not just in Ireland) are totally detached from reality. How I'd love for a condition of their job to be that they ride round the results of all their labours on a bicycle in winter, in pouring rain, during the evening rush-hour, for a whole week.

And also an example of the sterling work MAG does by highlighting this sort of inane nonsense; when its not trying to do the motorcycling equivalent of bringing back hanging by wasting its breath campaigning for the repeal of helmet laws.
Latest Forum Posts