Motoring Discussion > Carlube Oil - Any Good? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Simon Replies: 4

Carlube Oil - Any Good? - Simon
Whilst browsing Tesco today I saw that they were selling off some Carlube Triple R oil reasonably cheap. It was semi-synthetic, either 5w30 or 10w40, 4 litres for £7.50.

My question is: Is Carlube oil any good or is it best avoided? The Internet seems to have mixed opinions, but no concrete evidence for or against it. I'm not on about using it in anything high performance, but maybe in a 100,000+ mile 1.4 Astra.

Thoughts anyone?
 Carlube Oil - Any Good? - bathtub tom
As long as it meets the API and ACEA requirements for your vehicle, I can't see anything wrong with the stuff.

I'd use it, subject to the above criteria.
 Carlube Oil - Any Good? - CGNorwich
www.carlube.co.uk/index.cfm?page=74&blnMenuClicked=1
 Carlube Oil - Any Good? - spamcan61
>> Whilst browsing Tesco today I saw that they were selling off some Carlube Triple R
>> oil reasonably cheap. It was semi-synthetic, either 5w30 or 10w40, 4 litres for £7.50.
>>
Thanks for the heads up, this offer seems to come and go, or maybe it's regional. I've used up my stock from last time the offer was on round my way. The 10w40 is ACEA A3, so fine for my 90s tech. Vauxhalls. Probably wouldn't use it in a Bugatti Veyron :-)
 Carlube Oil - Any Good? - Alanovich
I used Carlube fully synth when I serviced my 2003 Ford Galaxy 1.9TDi 5 months ago. Can't say it's caused any concerns, the car seems to be behaving exactly as it's always done. Correct spec VW505.01 I hasten to add. I got it at a very good price plus online discount using a code with Eurocarparts.
Latest Forum Posts