Motoring Discussion > Breakdown Cover Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 5

Breakdown Cover - Skip
I am looking for a cheap "Roadside" breakdown policy. I have Peugeot Assist that came with the car, however it doesn't cover wheel changing and as 90% of my driving is on motorways and dual carriageways I want a policy to cover this. I changed an o/s wheel on the hard shoulder of the M2 once and it is not an experience I wish to repeat ! Kwik Fit and the Green Insurance company do a basic package for about 17 quid, has anyone had any experience of using either of these, or would I be better off splashing out £30 for RAC or AA ? I know its not a lot of money either way, but the chance of having to use it is very small and as my old gran used to say "watch the pennies............."
 Breakdown Cover - CGNorwich
Why not upgrade your Peugeot Assist cover to include punctures?

www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot-assistance/

Breakdown Cover - Ambo
I have found RAC and AA both excellent, invariably with quicker attention than forecast on calling out. Gem used to be recommended a lot on sites like this.
 Breakdown Cover - Focusless
Some good cash-back deals on breakdown cover eg.
www.quidco.com/insurance-finance/insurance/breakdown-cover/?redirect_search_term=breakdown

I took out a policy with the RAC because of such a deal. At the moment the minimum cash-back is £20, and the cheapest policy (don't know the details) is £30, although you have to pay that in a lump sum to qualify.
 Breakdown Cover - Iffy
I have the full Monty with autonational, which I believe is the RAC's cheapo brand.

They did a good job of the puncture I had which involved recovering the car to a local tyre depot.

www.autonational.co.uk/

Breakdown Cover - WillDeBeest
Can't fault the AA. It's hardly a major household expense so we stick with them because they've always done what we needed when we needed it.

Used to get Green Flag in my company car days. The one time I needed them they were truly abominable.
Latest Forum Posts