Motoring Discussion > AA Drive Confident Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 2

AA Drive Confident - Ambo
I took advantage of this free 2-hour lesson yesterday, as offered by the AA Charitable Trust. It is chiefly for those unused to the UK road system, those returning to driving after a break or those, like me, who have been driving for years but want an up-to-date, objective assessment. There is no obligation to book paid lessons afterwards. The lesson can be taken in two 1-hour slots if prefered and this is probably best. The lesson can be taken in your own car or that of the instructor.

I apllied online and shortly after was contacted by the AA by phone and given an appointment with a local AA driving instructor. He called in turn to confirm and ask what particular problems I had but I missed the call, as it was too close to the holiday weekend and was unable to get back to him.

Nevertheless, we were both on time and set off in my i10 on a tour of urban roads. We practised my weak point, reversing into a side road, several times. I had said that my strong point was safety as this had been confirmed by two police drivers, one who acted as an observer for the IAM and the other who conducted its test and passed me. Alas, that was some time ago and my instructor commented several times on my insufficient use of mirrors. So that is the main point, that if anyone fears they may not be quite as good as driver as they think, here is a good way to find out.

Incidentally, the supporting booklet mailed by the AA seems way out of date as none of the references in it to the Highway Code is correct.

AA Drive Confident - Mike Hannon
I almost hate to mention this but shouldn't that be Drive Confidently?
 AA Drive Confident - L'escargot
>> I almost hate to mention this but shouldn't that be Drive Confidently?
>>

You'd better tell the AA. It's their wording. tinyurl.com/coxxtcc
Latest Forum Posts