Motoring Discussion > Another one bites the dust Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 16

Another one bites the dust - helicopter
Vauxhall dealer Stevens of Crawley and Horsham went under last week .

www.stevensvauxhall.co.uk/

No buyer found - 70 redundancies.

It must have been difficult trying to sell new Insignias at a list price of £23,790 when the local car supermarket Jeffries Farm in Crawley has them listed at £12,999.....

www.unbeatablecar.com/
Last edited by: retpocileh on Fri 31 Aug 12 at 08:31
 Another one bites the dust - L'escargot
>> Vauxhall dealer Stevens of Crawley and Horsham went under last week .

Perhaps it's partially because Vauxhall don't make cars which the public want to buy. I've looked in the Astra catalogue to find something similar to the Volvo V40 SE with a T3 or T4 engine (which is currently at the top of my next-car short-list), and there isn't anything.
 Another one bites the dust - Victorbox
>> Perhaps it's partially because Vauxhall don't make cars which the public want to buy.

Funny then that Vauxhall have three models that are never out of the top 10 UK best sellers and this won't be just company car sales. Bit like saying the public don't want to buy a Ford.
 Another one bites the dust - mikeyb
>> >> Perhaps it's partially because Vauxhall don't make cars which the public want to buy.
>>
>>
>> Funny then that Vauxhall have three models that are never out of the top 10
>> UK best sellers and this won't be just company car sales. Bit like saying the
>> public don't want to buy a Ford.
>>

Vauxhall are dumping cars onto the hire fleets in massive numbers. I nearly always get lumbered with an Astra or Insignia. The guy in our local office trys to get me something else if he has anything else kicking around.

Told me loads of people complain about always getting a Vauxhall, and asked me to add it as a comment on a customer feedback form.
 Another one bites the dust - Bill Payer
>> >> >> Perhaps it's partially because Vauxhall don't make cars which the public want to
>> buy.
>> >>
I really wanted to get an Astra for my daughter - we live fairly near the factory and have access to several discount schemes (although so does pretty well anyone in the UK) - but they do that daft thing where to get items which I regard as essential these days, like heated elec adjustable mirrors, you end up with daft sized wheel and Sport suspension etc.

The killer was VW having just the right spec Golf available for £13K, although that's no longer available so perhaps the Astra comparison would be more favourable now.
 Another one bites the dust - WillDeBeest
...won't be just company car sales.

Rentals, as Mikey says. Round Heathrow I see lots of Vauxhalls, invariably with that white-on-green 'e' sticker. Truth is, Vauxhall has slipped off many consumers' radar. The Insignia should, on paper, have been a candidate when I was shopping for an LEC, so why did I not even look at one when I did go to see a Mondeo?
 Another one bites the dust - Zero

>> paper, have been a candidate when I was shopping for an LEC, so why did
>> I not even look at one when I did go to see a Mondeo?

And the reason is?
>>
>> >> paper, have been a candidate when I was shopping for an LEC, so why
>> did
>> >> I not even look at one when I did go to see a Mondeo?
>>
>> And the reason is?
>>

Jeremy Clarkson
>> ...won't be just company car sales.
>>
>> Rentals, as Mikey says. Round Heathrow I see lots of Vauxhalls, invariably with that white-on-green
>> 'e' sticker. Truth is, Vauxhall has slipped off many consumers' radar. The Insignia should, on
>> paper, have been a candidate when I was shopping for an LEC, so why did
>> I not even look at one when I did go to see a Mondeo?
>>

And thats not the company our corporate contract is with, so more than one company taking them in large numbers. Nearly always petrol to.

The company I have to use have a policy at Heathrow where you can pick any car in a certain zone - there are usually 20+ to chose from, but you can bet that 50 - 60% will be VX
Last edited by: mikeyb on Fri 31 Aug 12 at 22:32
 Another one bites the dust - nyx2k
i really like my wife's new astra elite 2.0cdti with 160hp so pretty quick and economical and feels very well built and even the leather seats feel great with loads of adjustments.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 1 Sep 12 at 20:48
 Another one bites the dust - Maisie's Dad
A shame that a local business has closed, though I never purchased from them (but then I have never purchased from Jeffries either).
 Another one bites the dust - Dog
Ideal gaff for flogging a few Dusters I would have thought.

:}
 Another one bites the dust - Iffy
...Ideal gaff for flogging a few Dusters I would have thought...

I think the only dusters the good folk of Horsham buy are for use by their cleaners.

Another one bites the dust - helicopter

... think the only dusters the good folk of Horsham buy are for use by their cleaners....

Speaking as a resident of Horsham - absolutely correct iffy :0)

As SWMBO and I both work full time we do have a cleaner as it happens....

and I would not seriously contemplate a Dacia on the drive....
 Another one bites the dust - Ian (Cape Town)
>> and I would not seriously contemplate a Dacia on the drive....
>>
Oh dear. What will the au pair be driving, then?
 Another one bites the dust - Dog
The ex wife's BMW of course!
 Another one bites the dust - No FM2R
www.am-online.com/new-car-sales-figures/

You can change the dates and the order. You might find it interesting, or even suprising in places.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 1 Sep 12 at 14:29
Latest Forum Posts