Motoring Discussion > BMW X3 E83 SUV - Time for replacement brakes Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 4

BMW X3 E83 SUV - Time for replacement brakes - Auntie Lockbrakes
So SWMBO's X3 will be 6 years old next month. Just passed 90,000km, or 56,000 miles in old money, and an indicator light on the dash tells me that the (factory-new) brake pads need changing. Should I be seeking a contribution from the manufacturer? ;-)

Brakes seem to work fine to me, but I'll trust that the car knows best. So how much is the main dealer going to charge me next Tuesday..?
 BMW X3 E83 SUV - Time for replacement brakes - Londoner
Put it this way . . . after the dealer has finished with you, you will be eligible to compete in the Paralympics.
 BMW X3 E83 SUV - Time for replacement brakes - Meldrew
If I read you correctly these are the factory original pads? I would have thought 6 years/56K miles was a record for pads in a vehicle of that size/weight. I think you are in NZ, you also have a convertible? Here are some UK non-dealer parts prices www.eurocarparts.com/brake-pads
 BMW X3 E83 SUV - Time for replacement brakes - rtj70
He did put a smiley after the question about contributions. He knows he's got a decent number of miles out of the factory pads. And yes I think he's in New Zealand.
 BMW X3 E83 SUV - Time for replacement brakes - Falkirk Bairn
1) For my 2 x cars genuine rear pads fitted at Franchise= £100 +/-

2) For my 2 x cars rear genuine pads fitted at Indie = £70-£75 +/-

3) For my 2 x cars rear Branded pads fitted at Indie = £60-£65 +/-

In the past, before retiral, mileage 25K per yr

Car under warranty it's option 2
Car outwith warranty it's option 3

On Retiral mileage is low I have only had brakes on 1 x car in the 5 yrs so it was option 3

With discs the story is really confusing, on occasions the Original discs from Honda / Nissan /MB are then same and even less expensive than the OEM/Pattern parts

Latest Forum Posts