Motoring Discussion > Esa and Mobility. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 6

Esa and Mobility. - devonite
Bit confused with the new rules and categories, until recently a person had to be on Disability Living Allowance with a mobility Element to qualify for a Mobility vehicle.

Under the "Shake-up" all these previous benefits have been streamlined and merged into just Three groiups:
Income related employment group
Contributions related employment group

(both deemed to be capable of, and expected to work)

And the Support Group.

(this Group is deemed to be incapable of Working)

Therefore are the poor folk in the latter group now eligible to apply for a Mobility vehicle? -
most of the websites I`ve looked at dont seem to have been updated with info relating to the new benefit groups as yet.

thanks!
 Esa and Mobility. - R.P.
Yes - possibly. I'll dig out some info for you from my place of work.
 Esa and Mobility. - R.P.
www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/pip-faqs-and-myth-buster/

There's a specific question/answer there about the about Mobility component and the motability scheme. The PIP is still not means tested so benefits/work shouldn't affect.
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 10 Sep 12 at 12:38
 Esa and Mobility. - devonite
Thankyou! - That looks like the stuff I was searching for! - I shall scrutinise, digest and consider!
 Esa and Mobility. - R.P.
From what I gather it's not laid in tablets of stone, there has been a slight deviation announced today - seems that all the evidence has only just come in. Expect some changes.
 Esa and Mobility. - Dutchie
Whe you've scrutinesed digest and consider let us know devonite.I haven't got the patience to fathom out what this government is up to.Thanks.
 Esa and Mobility. - R.P.
It's a mostly flawed plan - at least they've had the bottle to grasp the nettle and tackle the billions and billions of pounds being poured into the benefit's system. Had a cracking example today where a person believed that UK taxpayers owed him a living....you just couldn't make it up.
Last edited by: R.P. on Mon 10 Sep 12 at 20:48
Latest Forum Posts