Motoring Discussion > Latest Land Rover ad. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 6

Latest Land Rover ad. - TheManWithNoName
I like the latest ad regarding the development of the Land Rover and how it has evolved from a design drawn on a beach in the 40's to the current incarnation of the Range Rover.

But I can't help disagreeing with the adverts narrative that the current car is not driven by 'vanity or fashion'.
Didn't a certain Victoria Beckham add her hand to the Evoque? If that isn't a car fuelled by fashion and vanity rather than preactical design, then I don't know what is!

I'd challenge anyone who believes that a Range Rover Sport with shiny metallic paint and 20 inch blingy alloys on rubber band tyres is a practical everyday 'off-roader' and not 2.5 tons of 'look at me, LOOK AT ME!' fashion statement.

Advertisers...don'tcha just love 'em?
 Latest Land Rover ad. - Alanovich
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. Breathtaking cheek.
 Latest Land Rover ad. - madf
I'd challenge anyone who believes that a Range Rover Sport with shiny metallic paint and 20 inch blingy alloys on rubber band tyres is a practical everyday 'off-roader' and not 2.5 tons of 'look at me,

Absolute rubbish.

It will drive perfectly off road.

Just don't expect it to be driveable on road again without a rebuild.
 Latest Land Rover ad. - Tigger
... It will drive perfectly off road ...

Only in through the gate to the field. It would not get through any of the mud around here with the stupid tyres that it comes with
 Latest Land Rover ad. - R.P.
Funnily enough an Evoque has appeared in the village - sharp enough in this rural idyll to draw attention to itself. It's owned by a smallholder (sheep and the suchlike) bang in the middle of the village - it replaced a Freelander II - Anglesey Show day it was hitched up with an Ifor Williams stock trailer c/w several woolly ones. This morning on the A55 I saw a newish an equally sharp Rangie towing a flatbed trailer with a digger on it heading inbound. Guess some do work for a living.

I think Tata deserve plaudits for turning around a brand and providing much needed proper jobs in the UK.
 Latest Land Rover ad. - madf
>> I think Tata deserve plaudits for turning around a brand and providing much needed proper
>> jobs in the UK.
>>

Yes: agree.

It just shows how useless Ford were at running a brand in a market they clearly did not understand. Although to be fair, there was a LONG way to go on reliability when they took over.

(You could say the same about GM and running car making in Europe)
 Latest Land Rover ad. - Shiny
Maybe they're just trying to recover the 'soiled brand'?
Latest Forum Posts