Motoring Discussion > Autoaid Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 4

Autoaid - legacylad
Does anyone have any experience of the above please?

I believe you pay the breakdown service directly should they be needed, and reclaim later. The £38 seems very competitive, although there are financial limits to the amount you can clain in some instances.
 Autoaid - No FM2R
No, not personally.

However, do bear in mind that it is an insurance policy from Equity Insurance, and the service (both quality and range) you get will be dependent on whichever local independent comes out to do the rescue.

I'm sure some are good, some bad and some indifferent. The difficulty will be that they are not likely to be uniform so your experience may vary incident by incident - there are likely to be differences between experience, approach, eqipment and capability. It would be worthwhie knowing how they select the local repair/recovery resources - is there a selection process, or simply a yellow pages.

Equity themselves are fine, so the insurance policy itself is unlikely to be an issue.

All in all, the fact that you have Autoaid will work as little more than a directory assistance service when you're by the side of the road, and will reimburse you later.

Nothing wrong with that at all, and it might be fine service, just make sure you're aware that its not a single service provider.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 15 Sep 12 at 13:28
 Autoaid - kb
Yes I do have much experience of them

Been with them since 1984.

Excellent. Have claimed a couple of times - no problem. You can either arrange your own contractor or garage to come out to you - or use theirs. Equity Red Star (Library House, Brentwood, Essex) have been in business for years - I've used them for Insurance in the past with no problem.

Even if you just want peace of mind to get you off a motorway in the early hours it's cheap.

I've been in their Control Room...it actually exists and isn't a mythical place in some foreign ether based existence. Same company as Autonational.

If in doubt Google it - it almost always gets respectable reviews.
 Autoaid - SmileyNially
I've been with them for the last 3-4 years.

Used them twice in that time. Like it says, you pay the breakdown company direct (at the scene of the breakdown with a bank card) then fill out a simple form and they send a cheque to reimburse you within a couple of weeks.

You can use them like a typical breakdown provider, as in you call up and they arrange everything for you, choosing a local garage and making arrangements directly with them to get you home or you can chose your own and contact them directly.

The garages they used seemed to be the big local respected ones in the areas I was in at the time.

I'd recommend them as a great budget way of having breakdown cover, so long as you have the facility to pay the large amount up front when needed.

Nial

Autoaid - spamcan61
Another cheap alternative is to use Tesco Rewards to pay for RAC cover, roadside & recovery for me and SWMBO costs around 40 quid per annum in Tesco vouchers.
Latest Forum Posts