Motoring Discussion > Bilbao docks Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Telb Replies: 8

Bilbao docks - Telb
We have decided to take the caravan to Spain at the end of January for a spot of winter sunshine. Crossing to Bilbao then towing south. The ferry arrives at 6pm but I haven't been able to find any nearby campsites open at that time of year.

The Brittany Ferries website says it's possible to stay overnight by the passenger terminal. Has anyone any experience of doing this and how secure is it?

All views welcome although I might not be able to catch up with them for a few days. TIA.
 Bilbao docks - mikeyb
Might be wise to hold off booking until the aftermath of the industrial action dies down - might be a good case for a last minute booking
 Bilbao docks - Telb
Too late Mikey! Booked weeks ago - you have to get in early if you want an upgraded cabin!
 Bilbao docks - R.P.
Have you tried trip-adviser ?
 Bilbao docks - Dog
When I drove back from Tenerife many moons ago, I parked my little AX up in the docks area of Santander and got my head down for the night.

Come first light, I peered out of the window to see umpteen souls (with GB reg.) had done the same.

You'll not be alone Mr Caravan Man.
 Bilbao docks - R.P.
www.caravanclub.co.uk/community/discussions/caravan-sites/overseas-sites/Bilbao-docks/rt/267030/?showlatest=true&

Google's your friend.
 Bilbao docks - Telb
Thanks RP and Dog.

RP - did you notice the similarity between my user name here and the OP of the Caravan Club site you linked to :-)
 Bilbao docks - rtj70
Spooky how the wording on the two OP's are the same too. ;-)
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 8 Oct 12 at 17:29
 Bilbao docks - R.P.
No I was in work and it was during a zoned out moment (or 8)
Latest Forum Posts