Motoring Discussion > Tidying up after you Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 4

Tidying up after you - smokie
I see contractors working on our roads are charging to tidy up after some incidents. I presume if it's an insurance claim then the insurance would cover it, but some of the examples aren't.

I suppose it's fair enough, you make a mess of a motorway, why should I contribute to the cost of putting it right?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19833237
 Tidying up after you - Focusless
>> I suppose it's fair enough

"But when the companies concerned have been challenged about either the level of the charge - in excess of £300 in most cases - or asked to provide evidence of the spill and a breakdown of the charges levied - the amount is reduced or not pursued any further.

This has raised suspicions that some of the bills are not legitimate. In one case, the driver maintains that the oil was cleared by the fire brigade at the time of the breakdown, while another claims that no oil leaked from his car at all."

:o
 Tidying up after you - Dutchie
Somebody will always try it on Focus a bit like car clamping which is now illegal or is it?
 Tidying up after you - VxFan
Wonder who'll pay to clear this lot up?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-19880405

Part of the A34 in Hampshire has been closed after a vehicle transporter under tow struck the central barrier, shedding its load of Range Rovers.

Hampshire police said the fully-loaded transporter was being towed by a heavy recovery vehicle when it broke free and hit the barrier, crossing on to the opposite carriageway.

No other vehicles were involved but there was "extensive damage to the road surface and barrier".
 Tidying up after you - Dutchie
You would have thought that the person in charge of the recovery vehicle made sure that the transporter was safely secured.Lucky nobody was killed when the transporter broke free.I'm stating the obvious.>;)
Latest Forum Posts