Motoring Discussion > Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 Car Deals
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 15

Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Armel Coussine
I don't suppose anyone fancies one of these, around 100,000 miles and good for another, perfectly functioning LPG conversion, navy blue and immaculate, decent wheels and tyres, suspension done recently?

I quite fancy it myself but it would be even thirstier than what I have. SiL had it and has got another diesel one. Not as nice of course but cheaper to run.

It's already on ebay and a bloke came to look at it today. He thinks he may get 2500 for it. Bargain really at that price.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 10 Oct 12 at 00:07
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - MD
Gis the ebay number AC.
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Gromit
Too late now, AC, but wouldn't she be better off keeping the V8?

She's surely had to put money to the £2500 she's hoping to get for the old one, and the V8s been fettled. You can buy quite a bit of gas for the cost of new suspension, tyres and the other odd jobs any well-used Cherokee is likely to need.
>> wouldn't she be better off keeping the V8?

Son-in-law, not sister!

They are short of money for house extension, and the diesel Grand Cherokee he's acquired (for a good price) is somewhat cheaper to run. He's very good at finding bargains, trading sets of wheels and tyres and so on. Makes me feel a complete idiot.
>> Gis the ebay number

I don't know it, but will find out if the car hasn't gone yet.
Ebay number is 320993643401.

Car is about to be MoT tested, but expected to pass without major fettling.
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Focusless
>> Ebay number is 320993643401.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320993643401
I see from the ebay description that I had considerably understated the mileage. It was my mistake, not deliberate. It's still a nice car good for many more miles.
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Dog
>>It's still a nice car good for many more miles<<

I've heard that one a few times!

:-))
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Focusless
Does look nice though...
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Dutchie
I like the LPG conversion cheap to run on the continent you don't have to pay their taxes for LPG.Should sell for that price.Nice car.
Passed MoT today, no problems no advisories. SiL is now putting the rear screen wiper motor from his diesel in it. I think the bloke who came to look the other day will buy it.

He says by the way that with LPG running costs are no higher than they are for the diesel, and it's a much nicer car. But he is very canny, and if the mileage goes much higher the value will drop like a stone. The diesel is quite a bit younger and was very cheap.
 Jeep - Grand Cherokee V8 - Cliff Pope
No thanks.
I quite like the earlier square model Jeep - a little bit like a stretched and widened Volvo 240, with rather similar wire-spoked alloy wheels.
D'you mean this one effendi, or the earlier one?

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201239486786508/
I reckon he means the old Cherokee 4 litre, nice big old American six from the old days. That was sqyared-off looking. The SiL used to have one of those, also with switchable LPG, also with auto transmission. I drove that one a couple of times and liked its mellow noise and ambience but not really the steering.
A Farmer near me has one, diesel, probably runs it on red :)

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/jeep/cherokee-1993/
Latest Forum Posts