Motoring Discussion > Bargain BMW? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 15

Bargain BMW? - Zero
Now we all know that BMW 7 series are the second hand bargain of the century dont we.

Like this one

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201240486864671

And then there is this one.

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201242489566103

BOy does that scream "hookey loose your money add"
 Bargain BMW? - Duncan
>> And then there is this one.
>>
>> www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201242489566103
>>
>> BOy does that scream "hookey loose your money add"
>>

No longer available!
 Bargain BMW? - henry k
>>No longer available!
>>
>> BOy does that scream "hookey loose your money add"
>>
Oh Yes!
I did view the advert before it got pulled.
A real classic missed there :-)

Bargain BMW? - Falkirk Bairn
Olympic BMW Bargains????

HJ reply to where are they from a DT reader

The fleet included about 3,000 BMWs – and not just 5-series models. The criterion was that the average CO2 output had to be lower than 120g/km and BMW came in at 116. After the event, cars are being sold through BMW dealerships. They reckon they can absorb all of them, and that's probably true. There's a greater demand for nearly new cars than there is for new ones. Expect them to be well priced rather than knockdown bargains.
 Bargain BMW? - Zero
The answer is wrong, they are not available through BMW dealers. They are going on leases to BMW employees, and I was offered one as a volunteer. It was a majority of three series, far less 5 series, and in the village they had left hand drive full electric (not hybrid) BMW 1 series - You cant get those!

And there was a Mini based first repsonse fire tender.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 21 Oct 12 at 12:55
 Bargain BMW? - R.P.
There was a pile of ex-Olympic BMW at the local gin palace a couple of weeks ago. Mind you it wouldn't make sense to flood the market with them so into the BMW fleet they go.
 Bargain BMW? - Shiny
I always check outfits out here...
companycheck.co.uk
before doing business with them.
 Bargain BMW? - PeterS
Details available here: www.london2012.com/mm/Document/Documents/General/01/37/40/62/BMWflyerfinal_Neutral.pdf

Bargain BMW? - Zero
>> >> And then there is this one.
>> >>
>> >> www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201242489566103
>> >>
>> >> BOy does that scream "hookey loose your money add"
>> >>
>>
>> No longer available!

It was a 2010 BMW 730D with 28k miles on the clock, £10999. Only contact was a mobile phone number.

It was priced at about 50-60% of what you could get one for, low enough to hook em in and high enough to be believable.

Bargain BMW? - R.P.
That other one is still a bargain - that sublime 6 cylinder diesel. Barely run in that....too big for round here though. Saw one today in Betws y Coed. Lovely car.
 Bargain BMW? - Lygonos
The engine may indeed be barely run in but it's the rest of the car that costs to keep running.

"That'll be £500, sir".
 Bargain BMW? - R.P.
You're right of course. My 3 series goes onto the BMW 4+ scheme next time. Inspection 1 around £150.00 on this years prices. Still love it though.
Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 21 Oct 12 at 19:20
 Bargain BMW? - Lygonos
Talking of bargain BMWs, I know this is a Golf-sized one but almost seems value-for-money compared to some others in the range:

www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/1-series/60610/bmw-m135i

Bargain BMW? - R.P.
Tempting...
 Bargain BMW? - Lygonos
broadspeed.com appear to be able to find them for £27,800

autoebid.com likewise as their 'maximum' price
Last edited by: Lygonos on Sun 21 Oct 12 at 19:44
 Bargain BMW? - Collos
www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201208452481819

link shortened to restore correct page width, and postcode also removed to stop C4P members turning up for a cuppa
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 23 Oct 12 at 12:39
Latest Forum Posts