Motoring Discussion > Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FocalPoint Replies: 9

Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - FocalPoint
Manganese Bronze has made black cabs since 1948. Administrators have now been called in.

tinyurl.com/9ey65lt
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - Zero
Not for the first time. Its been dropping in and out of the financial mire for the last 15 years.

Ironically its been dumped in trouble by a supplier - Geely who supplied faulty steering boxes, and its biggest creditor is - Geely.

The market for the traditional London cab is dead, the eurocab standard will take over
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - No FM2R
What's a Eurocab look like?
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - Runfer D'Hills
About 20% cheaper than a Sterling one.
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - henry k
>> What's a Eurocab look like?
>>
see Mercedes Vito Taxi
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziiR7-vLWg
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - rtj70
Nissan are altering the taxi that is not the new standard in New York for the UK:

www.wired.com/autopia/2011/05/new-york-names-nissan-taxi-of-tomorrow/
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - Zero
And the Peugeot E7

www.cabdirect.com/vehicles/new_e7/?gclid=CNCCrOqIlbMCFQzKtAodpX0AtQ

Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - No FM2R
I can see why they're a better proposition, shame though.

Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - rtj70
The black cab, in my opinion, only stayed popular in the UK because of London and ancient bylaws or whatever they are that apply to a hackney cab. e.g. turning circle. The MB has rear wheel steer to get a tight turning circle.
 Black Cab Manufacturer in Trouble - Runfer D'Hills
A couple of years ago I picked up an Italian petrolhead colleague from Heathrow in my black Qashqai. He's an Alfa fan through and through. He was I'm sure, joking when he said something along the lines of "Izza taxi, no?" I pretended to find this amusing.

Last year I picked him up in my black E class estate. He couldn't resist commenting that "Ze Taxi beeznees, it ees going well uh?"...

Latest Forum Posts