Motoring Discussion > Top Gear Live NEC Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 13

Top Gear Live NEC - Manatee
Daughter and her partner are taking me tomorrow, it was my birthday present this year.

Can't say I'm keen to meet the professional oaf, even less annoying Hammond, but I'm looking forward to a day out with the elder and her other half.

Anybody else going?
 Top Gear Live NEC - bathtub tom
I sincerely hope my family know me well enough to never do that!
Yes, popular culture can be a bit wearing ;-)
 Top Gear Live NEC - Zero
>> Yes, popular culture can be a bit wearing ;-)

What a deep joy you must be to take out.
>> >> Yes, popular culture can be a bit wearing ;-)
>>
>> What a deep joy you must be to take out.

I am a little ray of sunshine. You ignored the smiley for bt.

Brought my best two bottles of wine over to daughter's where we are staying tonight, had a very pleasant evening and I will make it my business to make sure we all enjoy tomorrow.
 Top Gear Live NEC - Dave_
>> Anyone else going?

I'll be there for work on Sunday.
 Top Gear Live NEC - DP
I went a couple of years back. Great fun.
 Top Gear Live NEC - mikeyb
Planned to go and take my two eldest boys, but a daughter on the waiting list for surgery has made planning things tricky.

As it happens the boys are now off with Cubs to haloween camp anyway!

Think I would have enjoyed it though
 Top Gear Live NEC - No FM2R
Me too.

I like the three of them, I think they're great entertainment.

Top Gear Live NEC - Pat
While you lot are living the high life and going to posh places like the NEC and to see the new Bond movie I'm going out in true working class style tonight:)

I'm going to see Kevin 'b*****' Wilson at Peterborough.

We're having a meal first though, so does that make me posh too?

Pat
 Top Gear Live NEC - Zero

>> We're having a meal first though, so does that make me posh too?

Only if its the George of Stamford for the meal.

(I suggest you try the garden room restaurant, don't think you would like the panelled Dinning Room)
 Top Gear Live NEC - Pat
We're meeting friends from Sawtry so it's a bit out of the way Z, I've left the choice of restaurant to them....anything is better than my cooking!

Pat
 Top Gear Live NEC - Dave_
>> going to posh places like the NEC

Ahem. Tradesmen's entrance.
 Top Gear Live NEC - VxFan
I went to TG live at Siverstone a few years ago. Some of it was hands on where you could drive a 4x4 around the off road course with an instructor, and also a Ford Puma around the Stow circuit, again with an instructor next to you encouraging you to go faster and how to take the corners - the fastest driver of the day won a Ford Puma.

Allowed to drive around the main Silverstone circuit in different cars, providing you showed them your driving licence.

Taken around another part of the track with a nutter race driver in tuned road cars. I was lucky to bag a seat in the Nissan Primera touring car with a race nutter.

There were also silly things to look at, skips and sofas on wheels (mainly Edd China's contraptions), but it made for a fun day out with the hands on bit as well.

Does anything like that happen at TG live events now, or has Mr Alf n' Safety taken charge?
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 27 Oct 12 at 16:34
Latest Forum Posts