Motoring Discussion > Wingle Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 7

Wingle - No FM2R

Was just following a pickup. Quite a nice looking thing, not great, but unusual looking.

I caugth up with it for a closer look, and it was, apparantly, a Wingle.

www.motorstown.com/30411-great-wall-wingle-2.8.html

Who knew!

I can't say I think the name does it any favours.
 Wingle - Zero
>>
>> Was just following a pickup. Quite a nice looking thing, not great, but unusual looking.
>>
>> I caugth up with it for a closer look, and it was, apparantly, a Wingle.
>>
>> www.motorstown.com/30411-great-wall-wingle-2.8.html
>>
>> Who knew!
>>
>> I can't say I think the name does it any favours.

The Looks dont help either

>> Who knew!

I shall never forget it, its like waking up to the ugliest old trout in the village after binge drinking on watneys red barrel.
 Wingle - No FM2R
>>like waking up to the ugliest old trout in the village

She was pretty disappointed too.
 Wingle - Robin O'Reliant

>> She was pretty disappointed too.
>>
Assuming it was a "she" of course, depending on exactly how much Red Barrel Zero had quaffed.
 Wingle - Auntie Lockbrakes
Well, you'll be pleased to hear that she/he has been facelifted since the OP's link:

tinyurl.com/cfl7jnc

The Wingle name was also dropped for the NZ market. Does the V-series sound sexier?!

Costs around HALF the price of the Toyota Hilux in these parts. Yes the Hilux is better but Toyota ask silly money for it in these parts.

Can't you by a US pick-up truck in the States for just US$15,000-odd? Toyota ask over US$40k for theirs in NZ...
 Wingle - No FM2R
A HiLux starts at about £17k / US$27k in Chile.

Wingle - idle_chatterer
Pickups are ubiquitous in Aus - including the car derived things beloved by tradies - often too posh to actually be used to carry tools in.

Great Wall is a budget make here , the cars look to me to have Isuzu origins but I might just be guessing. They're popular as a low-cost rugged 'ute but I think many have concerns over their crash safety.

They are (however) no where near as ugly as the Ssanyong Actyon Sport (which is now OK after a recent facelift to be fair). This has (IMHO) to take the award for the world's ugliest car (it looks worse in the metal than the pictures show). www.anyauto.com.au/ssangyong-actyon-sports-ute-or-finding-religion-review/
 Wingle - MD
Poor gearbox apparently. Bit like porridge.
Latest Forum Posts