Motoring Discussion > Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 10

Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Falkirk Bairn
DiL's Rav4 needed some new tyres.

Son decided to buy same again, Yokohamas as fitted when car was new.

Looked about and had used mobile firms before........one well known mobile fitter was £10 more expensive per tyre but had done a good job on their other car. He said that he had a lesser price but if they matched it they had the job...........they turned down the offer.

Least expensive was........wait for it Kwikfit..........paid on-line and fitter came next day at the appointed time. Clean van, tyre fitter was smart, well mannered & fitted tyres in under 40 mins and left, just required a signature for the job.

Contrast to my experiences sitting waiting, and waiting, @ a kwik-fit depot - last time I was at a Kwik-fit depot for tyres took over an hour, oily steering wheel and they have access to the full facilities of a depot.

So top marks to Kwik-fit Mobile - cheapest and a professional job - I never thought I'd say that.
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - bathtub tom
I was at a used tyre place yesterday (getting some for a trial tomorrow). Guess who's van turned up and unloaded?
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Victorbox
Last time mobile Kwik Fit came out at work they used one of those inflatable bag jacks so not the usual scratched /chipped sill from their trolley jacks where the rubber pad disappeared long ago. Are these inflatable jacks standard issue for the mobile fitters?
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Lygonos
A similar device is used to help up the old dears who have fallen and can't get up.
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - R.P.
Are they all "dears" though ?
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Runfer D'Hills
I've regularly used our local KF branch. In fact as recently as last week for two new back tyres for the Merc. Never been anything other than efficient and polite in my experience. I've found if you order the tyres online through their website you can get good deals and then you simply book an appointment for when it suits you during the same ordering process. Turn up, drink a cup of foul vending machine coffee and be on your way.
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Clk Sec
>>Turn up, drink a cup of foul vending machine coffee and be on your way.<<

I've got my car booked in for its annual service and MOT on Friday. It's quite an enjoyable couple of hours actually, with an excellent range of teas, coffees, hot chocolate, and an assortment of biscuits and fresh fruit available.

It's an early booking, so I might not bother with breakfast.
:)
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Runfer D'Hills
Very good ! Main dealer CS? Which make again? If I'm in the area I might come and sit with you for a bit...

:-)
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Clk Sec
>>If I’m in the area I might come and sit with you for a bit…

I ’m sure that I would find your company very entertaining, Humph, but a large MBEC in their (rather limited) customer car park might not go down too well.

>>But whats the quality of the reading material like? Red tops? Quality daily’s motoring magazines? An, errr, cough…

Last year it was the Times and Telegraph, a few motoring magazines and a few magazines for the ladies, but absolutely no ‘and, err, cough, etc’.

But we could find a little room for Your car in the (rather limited) customer car park referred to above.
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - Zero

>> I've got my car booked in for its annual service and MOT on Friday. It's
>> quite an enjoyable couple of hours actually, with an excellent range of teas, coffees, hot
>> chocolate, and an assortment of biscuits and fresh fruit available.
>>
>> It's an early booking, so I might not bother with breakfast.
>> :)

But whats the quality of the reading material like? Red tops? quality daily's? motoring magazines? an, errr, cough, gentleman's section?
 Mobile tyre fitter - Kwikfit top job! - VxFan
>> Last time mobile Kwik Fit came out at work

They came and did the tyres on our Transit Connect a few months ago. Two complaints.

1. The wheel trims were poorly fitted back on afterwards. One fell off down the road next time I used the van and had to backtrack my journey to find it. Checked the other 3 trims and they were starting to fall off too.

2. Checked the tyre pressures as part of the monthly vehicle checks and they were all over-inflated by 8 psi.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 4 Nov 12 at 20:45
Latest Forum Posts