Motoring Discussion > Car clamping by courts for non car offences Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 17

Car clamping by courts for non car offences - BobbyG
www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tv-licence-dodgers-have-cars-clamped-1414135

There is more on this today in another paper as well - apparently courts are now clamping cars for any unpaid fines - inc TV licences!

Agree that if you have a fine outstanding then you should be pursued - is it a case that clamping a car is easier than getting warrants to search houses and find things to sell?

What happens if you don't own the car ie its a company car??
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Zero
you just need to tell the court you need the car to get to work. They are not allowed to interfere with your ability to earn money to pay fines.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - zookeeper
what happens if you bought the car on hire purchase?
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - No FM2R
Owner vs. Registered keeper.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - zookeeper
they cant take your car away for not paying your tv licence, but they can for not paying your fine for not having a tv licence
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Falkirk Bairn
If it brings in fines at less cost, it has my support.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Cliff Pope
As cars are the only things people really care about, perhaps clamping them should be the penalty for all crimes?
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - R.P.
Lot of it going on according to what crosses my desk (yes I do have one again).........there is a process before the clamping. I think it's right myself. It's not as if the criminal didn't get due notice it was going to happen. Bring it on.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Bill Payer
There was talk of the CSA being able to suspend the driving licences of non-paying parents, but I don't think anything came of that.

In some states in the US they can can suspend tradesman's licences to work.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - devonite
This may end up getting out of hand! - it will hurt the poorest most, what if you don`t own a car? will they charge you a "rent" to live in your home?
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Bromptonaut
The worry with the Child Support proposal was that decisions would be made by quite junior staff and without any obvious and fast track appeal process.

Don't know how it works in the courts.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Shiny
Always have the registered keeper as a corporation that you can dissolve if need be.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - Dutchie
Car clamping for non payment of television licence? Is this a April first joke.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - retgwte
register the car in your childs name, let them try and force a 4 year old to pay up and see how far they get

Car clamping by courts for non car offences - R.P.
Proper Court appointed baliffs (not debt collecting thugs) have got a wide spread of powers. Why shouldn't criminals be made to pay ?
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - movilogo
TV license should be abolished.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - No FM2R
>>TV license should be abolished

Yeah, lets abolish all taxation. If we need something then the government can pay for it.
 Car clamping by courts for non car offences - L'escargot
>> What happens if you don't own the car ie its a company car??
>>

What happens if you don't own the car, e.g. you had twocced it?
;-)
Latest Forum Posts