Motoring Discussion > An unusual collision Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 6

An unusual collision - henry k
www.whas11.com/news/177227511.html

"There was a solid fence just on the other side of the road. The fence was replaced with a plastic breakaway fence."
 An unusual collision - Ted

The main Altrincham to Wilmslow road used to cross the main runway at Manchester Airport 40odd years ago. There were gates on either side with a man in a hut to operate them...later replaced by stop/go lights. Now tunnels.

A bonus was an old RAF runway, parallel to the main runway and fairly close. You could park on it facing the runway and watch the planes. I once saw a Boeing 707 come in and abort landing seven times before he got down.

A good courting spot as well...it was a free show and you could show off your knowledge about the planes. Not me, though........aeronautical dumbo ....so I concentrated on other activities !

Ted
 An unusual collision - bathtub tom
I flew from Castle Donington many years ago. A fellow passenger commented 'never seen a cattle grid at the end of the runway before'.
 An unusual collision - Zero
I wish the silly woman had kept using the camera properly./
 An unusual collision - Armel Coussine
>> I wish the silly woman had kept using the camera properly./

Yes. Or was it a cunning bit of censorship, pay more for the rest? I think not though. Someone was hurt, and a traffic-nerf wrangle was taking shape judging from the audio. She'd given up photographing and was panicking or helping.
 An unusual collision - L'escargot
Yes, yes, yes, but what model of car was it?
;-)
 An unusual collision - legacylad
An unusual convertible
Latest Forum Posts