Motoring Discussion > baby on board Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 12

baby on board - zookeeper
cyclist caught on camera..

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-20343097
 baby on board - No FM2R
Clearly daft, and unsafe for the child.

But don't they make a thing of it! A dumb decision was made, but really! Videos, interviews, national news, etc. etc.
 baby on board - mikeyb
Muppet, but none the less, it must be a slow news day
 baby on board - Armel Coussine
Perhaps they are a family of circus acrobats and the nipper was just getting a bit of training. People like that don't get injured as easily as you and me. They bounce instead of going splat.

During the last big war, when I was quite small, my father sometimes took me to school on the crossbar of his big old bike. He had made a small saddle, and footrests on the front diagonal of the frame. Not quite the same as the acrobats, but might be frowned on today.
 baby on board - CGNorwich
You can still buy such seats. This one has a made a nod to the modern obsession with safety and comes with a safety belt.

www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Junior-Tube-Child-Seat/dp/B002ANCDV4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353084809&sr=8-1
 baby on board - henry k
High tec version
direct.asda.com/WeeRide-Child-Bike-Seat/000999645,default,pd.html
 baby on board - R.P.
When I was on the Census - I was on the local estate in Bangor and saw a guy riding a mini-moped with a toddler riding on the tank. Irresponsible idiot.
 baby on board - Robin O'Reliant
>> When I was on the Census - I was on the local estate in Bangor
>> and saw a guy riding a mini-moped with a toddler riding on the tank. Irresponsible
>> idiot.
>>
Damn right. Could have scratched the paint.
 baby on board - Dutchie
Got a baby seat for the car yesterday.Granddaughter nearly 8 months,babysitting in January when daughter is back at work.Sister took me once for a ride on her bicycle,got my leg trapped between the spokes I was five.
 baby on board - zookeeper
wasnt there some research done a while back regarding motorists driving attitudes? they gave the woman cyclist with the long flowing hair a much wider birth when overtaking than a helmet and padded up cyclist... i imagine the same response would be to give the chap on the bike with the child on his shoulders a wide birth too.... conclusion , if you dont want to get ran over dont wear a helmet :)
 baby on board - bathtub tom
>>if you dont want to get ran over dont wear a helmet :)

I found the opposite to be true. When I first started wearing a helmet and hi-vis vest I noticed motorists would give me much more space.

>> I found the opposite to be true. When I first started wearing a helmet and
>> hi-vis vest I noticed motorists would give me much more space.
>>
They probably thought you had a gun.
>>Sister took me once for a ride on her bicycle,got my leg
>> trapped between the spokes I was five.
>>
Same age, same thing.

I was sitting on the rack over the back wheel and my left foot is still slightly turned in even now because of it. It bloomin' hurts too, doesn't it?
Latest Forum Posts