Motoring Discussion > Driving in Russia Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Jacks Replies: 12

Driving in Russia - Jacks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXz4P6EpX3s&feature=player_embedded

Dashboard camera footage of actual crashes on Russian roads, caused by some unbelievably stupid driving. Some real horrors - 13 minute compilation if you have the time to watch!

Vodka induced ?
Last edited by: Jacks on Fri 16 Nov 12 at 14:57
 Driving in Russia - diddy1234
spoke to a Russian colleague at work and asked her about the standard of driving in Russia.

She said its terrible over there. very bad.

More Darwin award candidates there then...
 Driving in Russia - Armel Coussine
Brings back a lot of old memories one would rather have left where they were. Vodka doesn't have that effect on me any more though. I must have become immune.

:o}
 Driving in Russia - DP
I have been fascinated by these Russian car crash videos for some time.

It seems red lights, road centre lines and give way signs are simply advisory, and oncoming traffic will get out of your way so you don't need to worry about it.

I can only conclude they must be drunk. Nobody can be that incompetent or reckless.

It's telling the way that other drivers, having witnessed a horrific accident, simply steer around the wreckage, and carry on about their business as if nothing has happened.
Last edited by: DP on Fri 16 Nov 12 at 16:27
 Driving in Russia - Old Navy
I have done a guided walking tour in St Petersburg, the guide was paranoid about crossing roads. Instant P45 for getting a few tourists mown down ? I thought I had seen scary driving on my travels but the driving standards in Russia are in a league of their own.
 Driving in Russia - Old Navy
DP-

I think you may be right, I gave my guide the slip and had a look in a tiny suburban corner shop, one wall was solid vodka from floor to ceiling, the opposite one was the same with cigarettes. There was nothing else on sale.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 16 Nov 12 at 16:30
 Driving in Russia - Dog
b'Jaysus! - I wouldn't drive on Russian roads after watching that (unless I had an AFV)
 Driving in Russia - Ted

Like DP, I'm interested in these videos, some other countries are as bad...China, for one.

The Reds don't seem to make any adjustments for snow and ice, either.

I don't know if this is on the OP's post, I've not watched it through yet, But see how a modern SUV stands up to a 44 tonner t-boning it at speed......it disintegrates like a Meccano kit !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItA8ntrtSPs

Ted
 Driving in Russia - Dutchie
Have a drive in Belgium same fun.I must get one of those webcams thingy.
 Driving in Russia - Zero
The only road user that acted with any sense was the horse
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 17 Nov 12 at 09:28
 Driving in Russia - colino
Corruption is a deep seated reason for this (worsening) standard of driving in Russia. So entrenched in getting everything under the table or on the black market people pay as much to corrupt officials (or for downright forged documents) as they would for the state approved driving school course. Beware anything with a Russian, Bulgarian or Romanian plate heading your way.
 Driving in Russia - Mr. Ecs
They're non too clever at fishing, either!

youtu.be/rdlKRcK3Nv8
 Driving in Russia - RichardW
I haven't watched that yet, but I have experienced it in real life. Moscow, February, below -20, bald tyres, car swallowing pot holes. It was a frighteneing experience!

Mind you the 'main' road out of Karachi in Pakistan was something else too! Truck lunched its diff in the ourside lane? No problem, get it up on some chunks of 4x2 and strip it out - the traffic will go round. Getting into the airport was 'fun' too - about 4 or 5 lanes of traffic and we were on the wrong side - no problem, just cut across, the oncoming cars will stop. Honest
Latest Forum Posts