Motoring Discussion > Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 14

Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - henry k
I have just been checking what kit I have for emergencies and that it is all OK.
I replaced the batteries in my small warning triangle.

If you find these on sale I can recommend one.
(I paid a fraction of this price )
www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-39-LED-Triangle-Warning-Flash/dp/B003XKPV44

3+" high, 1+" deep 7, 3+ ounces ( including batteries).
Am Tec brand. 24 red LED around the rim and 15 white LED si the middle
So a flash/ steady red warning or a torch.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Bromptonaut
We tend to think hazards have removed need for a warning triangle but now and then.....

Back in September the 'lingo suffered a corrosion failure of an alternator terminal. No juice at all. Very glad to have a triangle we could place rearwards while we were stranded on a busy ring road.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Old Navy
If you really want to be seen you need one of these, seriously bright.

www.racshop.co.uk/tools-storage/torches-hazard-lights/product/rac-personal-hazard-light-breakdown-warning-lantern.html
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Focusless
>> If you really want to be seen you need one of these, seriously bright.

Are its rechargeables the sort that don't lose their charge? Or do you just keep it charged up using the cigarette lighter socket? Would like to see more info.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Old Navy
I don't know, mine uses a replaceable photo lithium battery. (CR123A)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 17 Nov 12 at 19:29
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Focusless
Moving the mouse over the picture of the box and reading the magnified text, I can see it states an in-car charger is included.
Last edited by: Focusless on Sat 17 Nov 12 at 20:29
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - R.P.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150893161547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bought one on here - it was unboxed and cheaper.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - henry k
>>If you really want to be seen you need one of these, seriously bright.

>>www.racshop.co.uk/tools-storage/torches-hazard-lights/product/rac-personal-hazard-light-breakdown-warning-lantern.html

>>www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150893161547?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I already have one of those from the same seller and it cost me £12.99 plus £1.99 p & p in Sept.
I saw no point in spending an extra £10 as the battery powered versions last plenty long enough for my beakdowns ( in the dark)

It is magnetically sited under my bootlid above my regular warning triangle.
Mine version is battery powered. The rechargable one was about £25 so the RAC price looks very good.
It has a little loop to hang it on a something like a nail or thread some cord through it. It is a bit fiddly to switch on and tab through the options but otherwise quite a good item.

Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Mr. Ecs
One of these is a must to have especially if you develop an alternator fault which means lack of steering on most cars meaning you could stop in the most dangerous of places with little or no lighting to warn others.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Rudedog
Agreed a triangle is invaluable for warning fast approaching drivers from behind, but I see so many drivers not putting them far enough back behind their vehicle, surely the idea is to give as much warning as possible to the next road user that they may find a stranded obstacle around the next corner.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - legacylad
My friends in the US carry flares. Plenty of incidents in winter on the mtn roads near where they live. Not sure if they carry them illegally or legally.Will look in the truck before i go skiing tomorrow to see how many they have!
I hate to think of them being available in the UK.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - CGNorwich
But of course never ever use a warning triangle on a motorway.
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - Shiny
Yes, I had 2-3 flares from the srap yard about 15-20 years ago. Some japanese cars used to have them in a clip under the driver's seat so when I found out what the first one was, I always went looking for them.

Exactly like this one,
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170943566360
just gives a brigh pink get flame and smoke.
Does anyone know how they are supposed to be used? Are you supposed to throw them in the road or something and as they only last about three minutes, what use is that?
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - bathtub tom
Pyrotechnics under your seat, just what I've always wanted ;>)
 Kit for Emergencies. ( flashing triangle) - madf
A wad of old cloth soaked in paraffin and stuck in a large 2.5litre can is better than any flare :-)
Latest Forum Posts