Motoring Discussion > New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 15

New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - -
Worked today and driving down the A50 was overtaken by a new shape Auris next years model which turned later into the Burnaston despatch yard entrance...proper model not disguised mock up, 62 plate UK regd.

Toyotas recent designs have left me wondering whats gone wrong, rear ends in particular have ranged from drab to yuk (latest Yaris), i found the current Auris to be a good car but simply horrible looking, i couldn't for any price even if it sported a proper petrol turbo engine.

The new model looks superb, as it came past i thought it trumped Alfa Guilietta and most of the others for looks, rear end very stylish with purposeful but not Focus silly lamp units, sides clean looking.

It looked quietly handsome, something Honda used to be good at before they lost the plot Jazz excepted which is nice looking considering.

I hope this means an end to fuddy duddy boring looking Toyotas, should be a hit i think.

Just hope it hasn't joined Avensis and gained an electric handbrake..;)
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Focusless
Like this GB?
green.autoblog.com/photos/toyota-auris/full/
Last edited by: Focusless on Sat 17 Nov 12 at 19:09
That looks like it, i've tried to find pics of the rear or rear three quarter view, and can't find any.

The one today was in bright silver.
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Zero
Rather like the Astra, which in my view is a seriously good looking motor. Mind its about time Toyota improved the looks, the old Auris is not pretty, and the Avensis is a two bag job
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Armel Coussine
Looks like an Astra or recent Honda from the front. A fashionable look, but I'm not smitten.
Fair comment AC, like Z i really like the current Astras looks.

The Auris looks really good from the rear, the section usually forgotten by Toyotas designers in recent years, still can't find any rear pics.

Seen an interior pic and bless...its got a handbrake, lets hope Toyota dump the electric jobbie when Avensis gets replaced.
More views on the Toyota website: tinyurl.com/bapj8nd
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Zero
BMW from the back.
Thanks Focusless, never thought of looking at Toyota website...durrh..:-)
>> durrh..:-)

Don't worry, that was my 2nd visit - the 1st time I clicked on Auris and spotted it was the current 'old' one and didn't even notice the 'New Auris' link (hence my first non-Toyota posting)...
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - lancara
There again, they may have gone too far if this turns out to be the new Prius:

www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/prius/61219/new-90mpg-4wd-toyota-prius-shapes
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - corax
>> More views on the Toyota website: tinyurl.com/bapj8nd

Nice interior too. Someones had a shake up at the design department. Let's hope it stays that way.
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - TheManWithNoName
Surprise, surprise. Yet another AstraFocusC'eed,I30 (insert other suitable 5 door hatchback name here) clone.
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Ted

All look much the same to me, styling-wise. But then it was ever so for the last 30 yrs.

I had to go and move one of our Yarises, left in a large open air car park on Friday night 'cos someone had parked in our on-street bay. There must have been over 200 cars on the car park. Fortunately, it was one of our red non-hybrids. There were only about 6 red cars amongst that total, which made the job easier. Still cost me £17 to get it out.

If it had been silver, I'd have still been searching !

Ted
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Mike Hannon
At last, a Toyota without that stupid little snout. But people like me will now never be able to tell this sort of Toyota from any other similar make.
 New Toyota Auris..seriously good looking? - Boxsterboy
I too like the current Astra - best looking of it's class. But although this is better than the previous Auris (not hard), it is nothing special. Sorry.

Although having heard my minicab driver talk highly of his Priuses reliability, I could be tempted by a hybrid Auris, so long as it has some form of suspension (which the Prius clearly lacks).
Latest Forum Posts