Motoring Discussion > Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 12

Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Falkirk Bairn
MC banned after totting up 12 points on his driving licence.

Churchill has dropped him from a car insurance campaign after being disqualified from driving.

The Men Behaving Badly and Doc Martin star had featured in Churchill Insurance's television adverts alongside the company's trademark nodding dog for almost a year.

But it is understood the 50-year-old, who lives with his family in Dorset, was deemed no longer compatible with car insurance advertising.

12 points, fined and banned + a lot of £££s for adverts.......a chauffeur or using a speed limiter/ cruise controller would have been cheaper
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Meldrew
I found the adverts rather cringe-making, to be honest. A grown man and no bad actor, sitting with a post-it-note stuck on his forehead telling a puppet dog that I "Love Your UK Call-Centres". I suppose if I was half famous I could debase myself like that for a few £s

Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Focusless
>> I found the adverts rather cringe-making, to be honest.

Those ones made me laugh :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 19 Nov 12 at 15:40
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Armel Coussine
My wife can't bear the ads, but that's because of her aversion to dogs, even animated toy ones with accents like the Foreign Secretary's. They seem a bit cosy to me but I don't really mind them.

What I don't understand is why Clunes's speeding record should get him fired. I don't think advertising works like that. No one gives much of a damn about what actors do offstage. The only risk to Churchill would be a lynch mob forming in the media, but that would be unlikely with a very big advertiser. Other companies might want to run some knocking copy, but it probably wouldn't do Churchill any harm, perhaps even some good.
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - VxFan
>> What I don't understand is why Clunes's speeding record should get him fired.

They did the same with Vic Reeves a few years ago after drinking one too many shandies got him banned for drink driving.
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - mikeyb
Think Churchill are a quite conservative insurer.

Wonder if they would still insure him :-)
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - R.P.
Oh no,no,no,no
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Dave_
>> I don't think advertising works like that.

Wasn't there an issue a while back with Iggy Pop advertising an insurance company which wouldn't offer motoring cover to entertainment industry workers?
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Zero
Was never a problem with Michael Winner advertising an insurance company that would not insure anyone in the film industry...
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - -
Its only an advert for goodness sake, and its only another actor/celeb who can't ever have enough zeros on his bank statement adding a few more, nobody except for a mischief making journalist would take it seriously.
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - zookeeper
12 points hey? deffo a man behaving badly.....
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Meldrew
It is Admiral who have taken it seriously and the journos have reported it
 Martin Clunes dropped by Churchill Ins Advertising - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
>> What I don't understand is why Clunes's speeding record should get him fired. I don't
>> think advertising works like that. No one gives much of a damn about what actors
>> do offstage.
>>

Perhaps some old Jimmy Saville clips would go down well then?
Latest Forum Posts