Motoring Discussion > Van Hire Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 5

Van Hire - Pat
On 11th November we booked a Luton Van with tail lift to hire from here

www.nationwidehireuk.co.uk/

Booked online, confirmation email, licedetailsiemailedaild through along with debit cards details for a tad over £200 for the weekend.

We chose this one because they deliver and collect the vehicle from you.

We'd never hired an equivalent vehicle before do had no idea if it was cheap or expensive.
They confirmed delivery on SaturNovember Novenber before 9am and cosometime sometine after 9am MonNovember Novenber.

Yesterday we had a phone call to tell us they didn't have Luton van available in the area but only had a much smaller one which wouldn't have done the job.

They did offer however, to collect a Luton from 'out of our area' at an extra cost of £120 to us.

We told them we'd ring back and have managed to source one locally which needs us to collect and deliver back to Wisbech for £252 for the weekend.

In the course of conversation with the new Hirer, it turns out that this is the normal practice of Nationwide Hire. Apparently leaving it until it's too late for other arrangements to be made and relying on the fact the customer will agree to the 'extra charges'.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Pat

Van Hire - BobbyG
Not many good reviews here

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews259550.html

Van Hire - Shiny
Repoer them to Trading Standards or whatever PC name they have now Community Direct Partnership?
 Van Hire - Victorbox
I use Europcar a lot and hired a Transit for £38 a day back in September. They randomly offer free delivery and collect. A Luton is £94.50 a day at the moment. Their Bath depot seems quite a smooth operation.
 Van Hire - Lygonos
Hired a Transit ('medium commercial') from Enterprise (Grangemouth depot near Falkirk) from Sat 17th to Fri of this week: booked online for £145 for the week (was about 2/3 the price of the same size from other fairly local Enterprise centres).

Showed up at the alloted time on Sat morning and the lass said the radio didn't work on the Transit so I could have it for 10% less, or alternatively she'd brought a larger size Transit (Hi roof, LWB) I could have for the same charge.

I took the Hi-roof.

£145 for the week is cracking VFM as far as I'm concerned.

Top marks for Enterprise at Grangemouth.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Wed 21 Nov 12 at 21:06
 Van Hire - Bromptonaut
Not much changes in world of van hire then.

Had reverse experience with Godfrey Davis as then was in 1986/7. Hired a LWB Trafic panel van to be told at depot only a Luton was available. Eventually got a basic transit but without side door and much higher load floor. Pig to drive and took two round trips not one from Leeds to Darlington.

No joy claiming for extra fuel.
Latest Forum Posts