Motoring Discussion > Honda - Got My New CR-V Today Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Robbie34 Replies: 3

Honda - Got My New CR-V Today - Robbie34
I collected my new motor today and I'm delighted with it. Very refined and quiet diesel engine. The only problem is that you almost need a degree in automotive engineering to understand all of the controls. I'll have to spend some time with the voluminous handbook before I venture out too far.

Filled up with Shell and discovered it doesn't have a normal fuel cap. You have to release the filler flap from inside the car and then insert the filler nozzle directly into the filler. As it was dark I tried to unscrew what I thought was the filler cap and there didn't appear to be any way of removing it. On closer inspection in the dim light of the forecourt I noticed there was just a hole there without any cover. The fuel nozzle fitted into the orifice comfortably, but without much room to spare. It should certainly prevent filling up with the wrong fuel.
 Honda - Got My New CR-V Today - rtj70
>> It should certainly prevent filling up with the wrong fuel.

Probably find it's like Ford's system and it's impossible to put petrol in it (easily). Of course you could if you wanted to.
 Honda - Got My New CR-V Today - Londoner
Audi copied Ford in fitting an anti-misfuel system, except that they fit a conventional cap as well. Also, there's a place on the inside of the filler flap to stow the cap.

A neat touch. Audi are very good at this sort of thing. It's only the minor details that they have trouble with , like the engine and gearbox! ;-)
 Honda - Got My New CR-V Today - R.P.
The one on the X1 was simple in design and worked very effectively.
Latest Forum Posts