Motoring Discussion > Gritter driver crashes and fails Breath Test Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

Gritter driver crashes and fails Breath Test - Falkirk Bairn
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20566142

I wonder if he took ice with it?
 Gritter driver crashes and fails Breath Test - Zero
You want some chips with that salt?
 Gritter driver crashes and fails Breath Test - TeeCee
Finished gritting roads, now gritting teeth.

Demolished a house wall? I'd like to offer two:

1) While I was driving multidrops for a certain high-street electrical retailer, a colleague took out one of the last of our old Bedford TKs. The battery was a bit dicky and he'd needed a jump start before setting off. On arriving at his first delivery, he whipped the key out sharply to keep the engine running and charging the batteries. After completing the drop, he hopped back in and set off. Come the first bend, there was a "click" as the steering lock engaged and he parked it in someone's front garden after passing through their wall.

2) I once worked in IT for a ready-mix concrete company. Up in Salford, one of the drivers got a 6 metre concrete truck jammed under a bridge. Let down tyres to get out, so far so good.
What they neglected to do was inspect the thing afterwards. A few weeks later, he took a bend at speed with a full load on and the A frame supporting the drum gave up the ghost. The drum detached itself from the truck and set off downhill along a side road, bouncing off parked cars all the way down. On reaching the bottom of the road it smashed through a front wall, swung around, smashed the business end through a bay window and disgorged several cubic metres of concrete into someone's front room. For added fun, the weight of the concrete collapsed the joists supporting the floor.
The removal of the supporting bay window below didn't do the bay of the floor above any favours either. His insurers were distinctly unamused.
 Gritter driver crashes and fails Breath Test - madf
I am waiting for someone to demolish on room in our house with a (insured) lorry so it can be rebuilt foc.

I don't plan to be inside at the time..

I hope they miss the gate pillars - each weighs 10+tonnes
Latest Forum Posts