Motoring Discussion > Two classics: one car! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 10

Two classics: one car! - Roger.
I'm not sure if this has been on before, but I liked it enough to put a You Tube link here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwwwJ83oWo
 Two classics: one car! - -
Thanks Roger, we enjoyed that a lot, they don't make either like that any more.

Especially liked the sticker...''old age and treachery will overcome youth & skill''..that could become our cold war style clandestine code for greeting possible C4P inmates gone awol.
 Two classics: one car! - Dog
"She looks younger than Keith Richards" (comment)

:-))
 Two classics: one car! - Fenlander
Sadly I'm worried about Keith Richards... not sure he's playing all the notes any more??

BTW Dog I've got a couple of Eva Cassidy CDs. Quite like a bit of female vocal at times... often country types like Katy Moffatt, Lucinda Wiliams, Katy Mattea etc.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Mon 3 Dec 12 at 14:22
 Two classics: one car! - Dog
>>BTW Dog I've got a couple of Eva Cassidy CDs<<

I played quite a few of her songs yesterday, and liked every one of them, I like Sandy Denny too, and Patsy Cline.

A pattern is emerging - they all died young :-(
 Two classics: one car! - Manatee

>> BTW Dog I've got a couple of Eva Cassidy CDs. Quite like a bit of
>> female vocal at times... often country types like Katy Moffatt, Lucinda Wiliams, Katy Mattea etc.

Try Kate Rusby - on at Cambridge Corn Exchange on Sunday too, is that near enough the Fens?

www.cornex.co.uk/ccm/cornex/2012/kate-rusby-at-christmas.en
I'd head of her rather than heard her. Worth seeing and well suited to the smallish and characterful Corn Exchange. Been there loads and really like the place.

She is effectively sold out though with just one seat remaining to the rear of the balcony... too far back really.

Good call though.

BTW no longer in the Fen but an even easier A1(M)/A14 drive to Cambridge.... or on the leather seated, wi-fi enabled guided bus picking up just 100yds from our place.
 Two classics: one car! - NortonES2
That was fun. What a character the lady is: seems to know her cars!
On an associated note... and tying in used car buying this Golf ad.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdx7Fczfi8s
 Two classics: one car! - Armel Coussine
Nice old thing, very well preserved for her age.

As for her car, what a magnificent beast. Packards were genuinely classy until the late fifties. And those twenties and thirties ones were as good as anything in the same class - big luxury tourers - made in Europe, and probably more durable on bad roads. There's nothing like a big straight eight for huge elastic torque over a wide band.

I wonder if it's really her daily driver, or whether she has a Toyota or old Ford Pinto for trips to the shop?

Photo in the comic today of the Queen driving a Hooper-bodied (I think) Daimler straight eight with her two eldest nippers in the back. She is looking young and pretty and wearing shades.
 Two classics: one car! - MD
Brilliant. Thank you for posting.
Latest Forum Posts