Motoring Discussion > First southern softy snow Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 2

First southern softy snow - -
Well i was out in it very early this morning in the lorry, on country roads in Sth Northants, then Bucks then the M1 south where the snow almost petered out south of Luton, very slippery in places too early and not enough traffic for any grit down to have done its thing.

Saw two very out of control cars around 5am, one that tried to turn right at roundabout too fast and had to go straight on instead (spotted him reappear at the roundabout so must have spun it round easily enough), and one who'd definately overdone it and got himself stuck with all wheels either side of the pavement when he'd careered gently off a roundabout...both cars newish small/medium hatches so doubtless on elastic band tyres, but in general most drivers of all sorts of vehicle were doing well, considering its the first snow of the year for southern softies like me.

M1 sth around jct 13 to 11 real blizzard conditions, only two lanes useable, inside lane where i was all cruising at 30mph most well spaced out just how i like it, middle lane closer bunched and doing 30 to 35 mph, some and i hate to say this lorries far too close.

Plenty fast enough as the speed of the snow and the very large flakes made it didfficult to keep line perfectly.

Ouside lane not really useable...except..;)

Enter two heroes, Johnny Foreigner artic with Brit artic right up his chuff both blasting past all and sundry i suspect on the limiter in the outside lane, well impressed..not.

Anyone else out early and catch it?

First southern softy snow - Zero
Yup, - see the "weather" thread.
 First southern softy snow - -
Ah didn't realise the all encompassing weather thread was running with this, feel free to chuck this in the bin or add it to the Weather thread if you prefer mods.
Latest Forum Posts