Motoring Discussion > Speed cameras on M25 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 11

Speed cameras on M25 - Manatee
So, how many people have been caught by a speed camera on the M25 in the last year?

Not a lot, according to the Torygraph.

goo.gl/bu6qK
 Speed cameras on M25 - bathtub tom
I came round there last night and wondered if all those passing me at a great rate of knots had read that article.

I doubt if they'll publish another when they start working.
 Speed cameras on M25 - Zero
You need to know which ones have cameras on. Interestingly some of them do flash, but clearly not snapping anything.
 Speed cameras on M25 - bathtub tom
You're usually on the ball with this sort of information Zeddo. How can us mere mortals know which have cameras on?
 Speed cameras on M25 - Zero
Pocket GPS Speed camera database on your sat nav, or CamerAlert (from the same people) on your smartphone.

Mind I travel the M25 at least twice a week, so I know them all by memory!
 Speed cameras on M25 - Shiny
In Nottingham, they went to all the papers and radio saying that the 2 year old SPECS on the ring road only worked in 1 lane, and 2 weeks later they worked in both and there was nothing in the press.
 Speed cameras on M25 - -
I used to use a Beltronics (550 rings a bell-:) radar detector, might still have it somewhere if someone wants it.

Quite interesting the series of bleeps and squeaks, it always let me know which Gatso group caneras were live but not always quickly enough to respond if you were really pushing it, obviously the radar was firing the direction you were travelling so the machine could only collect scatter unless it picked up the reflection from a vehicle in front.
 Speed cameras on M25 - DP
The M25 is used as a racetrack??? Car park would be more appropriate.
 Speed cameras on M25 - Boxsterboy
This DT article reinforces what I have long suspected. I have driven under the cameras at higher than the posted limit on the odd occasion, and have never had a ticket.

Also, there have been times when they have malfunctioned - 3 lanes have a 'limit' posted, 1 has a blank sign. What are the legalities of that if you go under the unlit sign at a higher speed than the limit on the other lanes?

Typical incompetence from Civil Servants, though!
 Speed cameras on M25 - Fullchat
There is something very mildly theraputic about placing a new tax disc on your vehicle. A feeling of getting a little something in return out of being robbed.
 Speed cameras on M25 - Fullchat
Errrr wrong thread. Senior moment.
 Speed cameras on M25 - madf
>> Errrr wrong thread. Senior moment.
>>

Better input than the original thread I thought..

I'll get my coat.
Latest Forum Posts