Motoring Discussion > Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series
Thread Author: sajid Replies: 9

Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - sajid
hi all got my honda serviced couple of days ago with the half price mot and it passed with flying colours.

Having looked at HJ site car by car breakdown, they recommended not to keep the jazz longer than five years, as it has a tenecy to breakdown, that their word.

I got the car in 2010, having kept it for 2 years, by feb 2013 its 3 years of ownership now, my thinking is either keep it for two years or longer, having already extended the fixed budget servicing plan for a further 3 years. I could transfer it to another honda if i chose to, or cancel the plan.

The other option is to extend the warranty for a further 2 0r 3 years, this includes wear and tear option for a further £50.

Or

Get another jazz

thoughts people
 Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - Zero

>>
>> thoughts people
>>

Or completely ignore the rubbish about it breaking down after 5 years.
 Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - madf
If you read : clubjazz.org/forum/index.php

you will find lots of people with Jazzes much older than 5 years old.

Unlike most other manufacturers (Toyota excluded).. Honda have extended their warranty on older cars to 7 years where there is a design fault.. eg wheel bearings, CVT transmission...
HJ did not appear to know that....
 Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - corax
>>
>> >>
>> >> thoughts people
>> >>
>>
>>
>> Or completely ignore the rubbish about it breaking down after 5 years.

My thoughts as well. Exactly what breaks down after 5 years? Are they any more specific?
is it worth extending the warranty to a further 2 or 3 years, thanks for the replies

and what are your thought on the ge series jazz the current shape, i drove the courtesy car a 1.2 se with start stop, apart from being bigger and wider to my present car, the engine is a vtec, i find that the engine in my current jazz more torquier, also i didnt like the interior quality of the new one it looks more plasticky
 Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - Slidingpillar
>>is it worth extending the warranty to a further 2 or 3 years?

If you can afford to pay the bills - assuming it does go wrong, no. No extended warranty that costs the user is ever worth paying for. After all the warranty company is in the business of making money, and they can only do that if they take in more money than they pay out.

Of course, there will be incidences of an individual getting a greater payout than the warranty cost, but if they could afford to pay, and never bought an extended warranty on anything, they'd win in the end.
 Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - Bill Payer
We changed our 2003 Jazz in 2009 - it's wifey's car and we usually change at 5yrs but it had stayed so "solid" I hadn't realised it was approaching 6yrs old.

The (manual) gearbox bearing were getting audible, although Honda did extend the warranty around the time we changed ours, but plenty of people had paid around £1000 to get then fixed. There were also stories of the seam between the roof and the c-post (the rear pillar) failing and letting water in. Those issue may not be present on later models.

Ours had been utterly faultless - I'd not even changed a bulb - so decided discretion was the better part of valour and changed it.

I do think the old model is looking very old now - we got a good price for ours but if you hand on too long there comes a point where the car is worth more to you than you can sell it for and then you might as well run it into the ground.
Indeed billpayer this is what is on my mind now, should i keep it or replace it with another honda jazz, by keeping it longer it will be worth less, on the other hand by buying a newer version the cost of buying and insuring it, will hit my bank balance.

The sensible thing to do is to keep it running for a while, and wait for a better jazz that might come in 2014

Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - Avant
Anyone know if the new (09 onwards) Jazz is still as low-geared as the original? SWMBO had one of the first, in 2002, and it was more frenetic at motorway speeds than the Ford Ka which had preceded it.

Honda UK obstinately still won't sell the Jazz with the 1.5 engine which is available in many other parts of the world. Honda seemed to be on a roll in the early 2000s - but I think they've been losing the plot recently.
 Honda - honda jazz 2008 gd series - Bill Payer
>> Anyone know if the new (09 onwards) Jazz is still as low-geared as the original?

I don't know for sure, but it's not noticeably different. The new model is quite a lot quieter though.

I preferred the previous engine - it felt more powerful at low speed. VTEC in a Jazz just seems ridiculous!

>> Honda UK obstinately still won't sell the Jazz with the 1.5 engine which is available
>> in many other parts of the world.

It's probably mainly due to EU emissions regs - car manufacturers get penalised if their average emissions are over a certin level.

>> Honda seemed to be on a roll in
>> the early 2000s - but I think they've been losing the plot recently.

Pulling the franchise from a long-standing and popular local dealer near us isn't going to help them locally.
Latest Forum Posts