Motoring Discussion > Any M62 users here? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 8

Any M62 users here? - sooty123
Video and report here on the roadworks. Around the area mention and upto 24/23 seems to have been going on for years. Before this there was a solid central reservation put in that covered many miles. Anyone else use this section often.

www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/business/video-highways-agency-explain-m62-problems-1-5232920
 Any M62 users here? - Bigtee
It's a shambles no need for restricted speed limit of 50 mph on a evening nobody is working.!! cameras up your tied to 50 mph.

Taking far too long. :-(
 Any M62 users here? - Collos
You should read the arrogant report by the engineer in charge of these roadworks in the Telegraph and Argus.
 Any M62 users here? - Manatee
That will be this one.

goo.gl/V0lw4
No I've not read it, have you a link?
Just read it. Seems to have been years since I can remember when there wasn't roadworks there. The Bradford/IKEA junction is a nightmare it seems any time of day it's clogged with traffic. I think they'd need 6 lanes in both ways to clear the congestion on rush hour.
 Any M62 users here? - PhilW
As I commented on another thread:-

"Oh, and while I'm on the sort of subject. I drove on M62 yesterday - there are cones and a 50 and 40 speed limit for about 20 miles (OK, I exaggerate a bit) from near Bradford to M62/M1 interchange, been the same for months. But did I see one workman or even a working piece of machinery? No. Went round M25 southern bit today near M23 junction - several miles of cones etc and 50 limit. Any sign of a workman or any machines? No. Been the same for months. What's going on?? If anything."

It was about 2pm when I crossed M62 West to East. A week earlier I had crossed East to West at about 10am and W-E at about midday - same thing, not a workman in sight. What's more, there doesn't seem to be any plant equipment visible.One gets the impression the road"works" have been abandoned - when do they do any work?
 Any M62 users here? - borasport
Used to go that way every week, but not any more. I don't know about the engineer chap being 'arrogant' but it is a pleasure not to have to endure the constant stop-start, pointless lane swapping and tailgating any more, and all of that is down to drivers.
And I know we don't know the rest of the numbers, but if he is correct in saying that 12% of incidents are due to people running out of fuel, I'd be happy if their cars were crushed or torched and left on the embankment as a message to anybody else who sets off on to a massively busy stretch of crowded motorway with half a cup of fuel in the tank
 Any M62 users here? - Fullchat
Believe the Specs cameras are still generating some income.
Latest Forum Posts