Motoring Discussion > Remote central locking? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 4

Remote central locking? - Rudedog
I seem to be entering into a car buying spree after my question about the Lupo, now my wife wants to use her yearly bonus to replace her ageing Polo, although it hasn't let her down it lacks a few essentials which she would like (A/C, remote C/L), now I've checked the VW site for used 'new' style Polo's and it surprises me that even the middle spec cars don't come with remote C/L and just use the key, now this could be mistake on the website.

So is it that expensive for remote C/L to be fitted that it isn't on a car that has A/C and electric windows? I thought that this feature was pretty much standard for newish cars.

If it isn't actually fitted does anyone know if it costs that much to have it upgraded.
 Remote central locking? - Zero
Its costs 100 quid to retro fit (ie after you have bought it) - enquire how much it is to have it order with it.

This has always amazed me about small VWs. They come with aircon, electric door mirrors as standard on middle spec, but no remote locking. Crazy
 Remote central locking? - Rudedog
Thanks, £100 isn't too bad, hopefully it's just a plug in module and a update of the car's computer.
 Remote central locking? - Zero
>> Thanks, £100 isn't too bad, hopefully it's just a plug in module and a update
>> of the car's computer.

On the older polos (to 2007) its a module, cable link and a plipper on the keyring. On the newer polos its a purely software option.
 Remote central locking? - -
Something to be said for a more basic car design with remote locking as an afterthought or extra, usually fitted with locks on both doors that both work the central locking (my old MB boot lock also controls the central locking), too many cars now with no visible key locks at all and often enough one only well hidden, meaning when the remote system gives up you are compelled to fix.
Latest Forum Posts