Motoring Discussion > First problem on Christmas Day ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

First problem on Christmas Day ! - henry k
Jumped in the Mondeo only to find a low radiator fluid warning symbol.
It was raining so no way I was going to explore in any way at 11:40 pm.
Never had any problems with the old Mondeo re coolant so now of course curious what has changed things.
On Christmas day with the bonnet up will bring joy and goodwill from all around ?
As this year our Christmas is happening on Boxing day I will have plenty of time on my hands :-)

Ayone else got new problems with their car in this festive season ?
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - RattleandSmoke
Hopefully nothing more than a loose hose :). Good luck with it.
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - DP
The Golf was parked up on the 21st and hasn't moved since. The BMW was parked up on the 23rd and won't move until at least the 27th. Best thing about entertaining over Christmas is that you don't need to drive anywhere. All the better for the case of wheat beer that I need to work on. :-)
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - henry k
>> Hopefully nothing more than a loose hose :). Good luck with it.
>>
Thanks. Eventually I just had to go and have a peep at it.
Coolant level is normal and is still red colour not brown so my guess , the cause is a failed sensor or a fault the loom.
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - Duncan
>> Jumped in the Mondeo only to find a low radiator fluid warning symbol.

Henry, how do you decide which car to use?

Happy Christmas (Heading North in a couple of hours).
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - Shiny
Somebody in in the lane right of me swerved into my driver's side rear door and quarter panel. Left a 20cm wide heavy scuff from start of rear door to wheel arch. Everywhere is closed now. So will call the dealership when they open who have some arrangement with helphire.
Last edited by: sooty tailpipes on Tue 25 Dec 12 at 10:49
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - Falkirk Bairn
Do you know the driver/car that caused the damage? Did the owner/driver own up?

If so do it the easy way.

1)Ring 3rd party insurer and claim on the 3rd party policy.
2)3rd party insurer will uplift yours and supply a hire car - assuming owner admits liability
3) Your car will be returned in 2 weeks repaired

A lot less hassle than Helphire, large credit hire bill and less forms than your original plan of action.

I bet BobbyG's claim (and his traumas with the Beetle) would have been oh so much simpler if he had claimed directly on the 3663 Lorry insurer. Only told his insurer of the incident and not claimed on Admiral which escalated through Albany Credit Hire / a Lawyer firm etc etc.
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - No FM2R
Whilst I agree, to be fair Admiral did a pretty stand-up job with BobbyG.

As ever, let me know if there's anything I can help with.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 25 Dec 12 at 13:27
 First problem on Christmas Day ! - Shiny
Thanks for the tips. Yes, we exchanged all details and photos of my car, other car and owner looking at his car.

I don't want their insurer taking away my car and doing a second-rate job. I have had that twice in the past so never again.
I will go to the dealer and have them sort it out and leave their people (SytnerDrive/Helphire) to claim against the third party (if they are confident of being able to).
I won't sign anything I'm not happy with and if neccessary will just pay by card and claim it back from third party myself. That's the way it has worked best for me in the past. Of course, I might change my mind if something else crops up like a letter from their insurer.
Latest Forum Posts