Motoring Discussion > Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 Car Deals
Thread Author: ToMoCo Replies: 14

Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - ToMoCo
Not that i'm interested in buying, but just curious as if you could force the point to buy this for the Cash OTR price.

A discussion on the HUKD site (amazing some of the rubbish that is spouted :)). tinyurl.com/b6yzamf

Post #135 claims you 'must' take finance to get that price, it of course then turns into £7387.24.

Link to the actual 'deal' www.pentagon-peugeot.co.uk/new-cars/peugeot/107/1.0%20access%203dr/54714
Last edited by: ToMoCo on Thu 10 Jan 13 at 11:39
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - Focusless
FWIW drivethedeal price = £6535
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - Manatee
Assuming it's just a credit agreement, you have a right of withdrawal. Provided you notify within 14 days and pay back the net advance plus accrued interest, you can walk away.

Daughter and partner did this when they bought their last car, on the advice of the salesman!

There's nothing in law that stops them offering a discount that is linked to taking a credit deal.
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - PeterS
>> There's nothing in law that stops them offering a discount that is linked to taking
>> a credit deal.
>>

The discount in that case is normally shown as a 'deposit contribution' though, isn't it, with the list price remaining at £7k or whatever a 106 costs? This offer explicitly says cash price £5,615 so I'm not sure how they could refuse to sell it to you for £5,615 in cash (or more likely VISA debit!!)
Last edited by: PeterS on Thu 10 Jan 13 at 14:19
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - RattleandSmoke
I wouldn't bother even at that price, great engine but the base spec is just too basic. My car itself is basic but I could not live without electric windows or central locking. I am assuming this is a base spec 107 and the specs have not improved since I looked into them in 2010.
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - Fenlander
I don't read the linked ad as tying that price to finance.

Rattle is right though re spec... you need to add £1500 even at their sale prices to get aircon, elec windows etc.
The cheapest Panda (per broadspeed - drivethedeal don't seem to list Fiat) is £7,850 though, and it still doesn't include A/C. Is it really worth paying 40% more for electric windows and central locking? For a brand new, warranted, cheap to run basic car £5.5k seems like a cracking deal...of course its basic, but isn't that the point?
Last edited by: PeterS on Thu 10 Jan 13 at 16:33
You can get a Panda much much cheaper than that, I paid about £1500 less than the drivethe deal price. I found FIAT dealers are very easy to haggle with.

I would not pay £7800 for a Panda, the u10 was only £6500 brand new and that is a lot better equiped than the 107 or the Panda. It has all the luxuries like USB ports and aircon as standard.

Here are old, Panda Classic (the best one as its built by Polish workers, not err Italians like the new one)

www.fiatsupasaver.com/ItemDetail.aspx?mID=3

Just £5500.

Blimey at that price I am almost tempted myself!

Sadly your price is the cheapest I can find for the new shape Panda, not really a good deal.

That old shape Panda, sorry, Panda Classic is another cracking deal, but it doesn't seem to come with electric windows or central locking either. At least, they're not mentioned on the standard equipment list, and that highlights such luxuries as airbags and imobiliser, which I think are legal requirements aren't they? It'd come down to wanting 3 doors or 5 between that and the 107 wouldn't it?
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - Runfer D'Hills
Crickey that new "old" Panda is a bit of a bargain. If only I needed one...

:-)
Depends how you define 'need' doesn't it :-)
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - Runfer D'Hills
I did actually think about buying one to leave in London at one time as a hack for me and others who drop into the city on and off. Didn't really stack up but...
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - R.P.
Those Dacia buses seem like a lot of car for the money
Does come with electric windows and central locking as standard :). No pandas were sold in the UK without those two items. I assume it is a mistake unless it has been de specced, in a 2003 Active came with electric windows and central locking. The only version which didn't was the Panda Actual and that was never sold in the UK.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Thu 10 Jan 13 at 17:11
 Peugeot 107 - £5615 for a new 107 - mikeyb
I can buy through the fiat privilege scheme, and even through that the cheapest Panda is 7,400.

For 200 quid more you can get a Punto
Latest Forum Posts