Motoring Discussion > Cheapest new car on the market? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 11

Cheapest new car on the market? - RattleandSmoke
Influenced by the 107 thread I was doing a bit of digging to see if I can find the best value new car on the market. I think I have found it

£5500 for a brand new Panda, even if it is the old shape classic (MK3) version.

www.fiatsupasaver.com/ItemDetail.aspx?mID=3

That is £1000 less than my parents paid for the i10, and my dad presers driving the Panda and he says there is more feel. I myself although love the high spec of the i10 and the warranty, find the cable clutch is too snappy and the steering is a bit lifeless but is still a good car.

Cheapest i10 I can find now is £7000, still a good value but £1500 more than the Panda or the 107 erm.

Cheapest new car on the market? - PeterS
A brand new Dacia Sandero can be yours for £5,995 I think
 Cheapest new car on the market? - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah but, how low do you have to feel about yourself to think, "you know what, that's what I'll buy...that'll do for me !"
People bought Citirovers, so there's no accounting for taste! Mostly old people, to be fair...

:-)
 Cheapest new car on the market? - Zero
>> People bought Citirovers,

Problem was, they didnt. One of the reasons it went bust.
Still more than there should be down on the South Coast though. The dealer in Worthing must have done alright ;-)
My dad bought the i10 without testing driving it, his logic was anything has to be better than a Fiesta made out of rust and filler.

I also bought a cheap toilet spec car, and at the time was very happy and proud. Three years later I still do love it.

For a lot of people a brand new car is something to strive to, that is how Lada sold so well in the UK.
 Cheapest new car on the market? - R.P.
Don't knock the rusty Fiesta....!
To be fair I paid £800 for it, (my dad give me the money a couple of years later) and my dad had 40,000 miles and four and a half years out of it. In that time nothing went wrong with the engine, all we did was change the plugs and filters.

Although the suspension was another matter, bushes, springs, shocks often needed replacing as did all the brake pipes etc.

I had two Fiestas myself, the first one rattle, paid £350 for it, lasted 9 months before the engine finally ran out of compression. The body was solid and in highsight I wish I had just put a new engine in it.

My second one lasted about 3 weeks, it was made out of rust and the clutch went, so upgraded it to the Corsa which lasted me a year before the gead gasket went! Yes I do love brand new cars!
 Cheapest new car on the market? - sajid
rattle did you fix all the dings and scrapes on your panda? better to keep it till it dies a panda death

save money in the long run

I fixed the major dent last year at a cost of £300. I replaced the mirror last week at a cost of £98. In fact I have spent £400 on damage other people have caused to my car when I have not even been in it!.

Its in very good condition really apart from the odd minor scratch. I am not going to sell it though, I plan to keep this car until it starts causing me problems. I will probably sell it around 6-7 years old, as I will still be able to get well over a grand for it if its got FSH and 12 months ticket etc. Although who knows in 3-4 years time all petrol cars may be worthless anyway!.

Cheapest new car on the market? - sajid
must have been cheaper than claiming it on insurance, same happened to me on my honda jazz, ended up paying over £400 on bodywork dents and scratches.

One thing forsure, is that these things happen to other car owners and thats normal, when you park to shop or work or parked at home you bound to get scratches etc.

What happened to my honda jazz that about 6 months ago a wheeley bin went and hit my car back bumper the handle of the bin hit the bottom end of the back bumper causing it to scratch the paint and also dent the plastic bumper.

Now i just got it looking like show room condition and when this latest incident happened i went like I dont believe it!!

My options were to repair it by taking it to a bodyshop and then it be good and new or to leave it as you never knew it happen again

guess what i left it alone not worth the agro

only time to keep it blemish free is when i trade it in or sell it
Last edited by: sajid on Fri 11 Jan 13 at 00:57
Latest Forum Posts