Motoring Discussion > Jaguar - to create 800 new jobs
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 4

Jaguar - to create 800 new jobs - VxFan
Whilst Honda are about to lose 800 people, Jag are to take on 800.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21003670

The news came as the firm announced record sales of almost 358,000 cars in 2012, up 30% from the year before.

The carmaker, which is owned by Tata of India, said vehicle sales in China rose 70% to 71,940, overtaking the UK to become its biggest market.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 14 Jan 13 at 10:13
 Jaguar - to create 800 new jobs - Zero
For various reasons, not the least that the two countries are almost at war, Japanese stuff aint selling too well in China right now.
 Jaguar - to create 800 new jobs - Boxsterboy
I wonder if Ford are regretting selling JLR? Their current success can't all be down to Tata management, can it?
 Jaguar - to create 800 new jobs - RattleandSmoke
I bet of both I suspect, at the time Ford were in real trouble and I suspect they may not have put the same money into R&D than Tata have. Tata may also have better knowledge of how to market in the Chinese market.

One of my highly educated Indian customers (British born) is a friend of Raj Tata and he warned him not to move production to China because it would spoil their unique selling point. It seems they are moving to China but it will be low volume production for the local market but I do wonder if it will cause a reduction in British output.

Do LR still use Ford engines?
 Jaguar - to create 800 new jobs - -
Its mainly LR's (Solihull) that are or were the bulk of the Chinese exports when i last carried them, many of the Discos are models you rarely if ever see in Britain, NA V8 Petrols with steel spring suspension on sensible tyres made them a good choice, not so many of the more blinged versions and few if any Diesels in any shape Solihull built LR.

Couldn't tell you what engine Chinese Evoque's have, be interesting to know.

I wonder if they being simpler are working out more reliable in use?
Latest Forum Posts