Motoring Discussion > Asda Tyres Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Auristocrat Replies: 29

Asda Tyres - Auristocrat
Asda have started selling tyres online 'www.asdatyres.com' - not sure who they're partnered with (Tesco Tyres is operated by Black Circles). Aside from the Chinese (Jinyu, Rotella, etc) and Taiwanese (Nankang) budget ranges, they seem to be price competitive for the better known makes.
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
It's operated by:

www.tyresavings.com
 Asda Tyres - Duncan
>> It's operated by:
>>
>> www.tyresavings.com
>>

That's twice that site has caused my PC to freeze.
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
The site(s) don't even work properly. Enter a reg number and check for tyres. Then change reg to that of another car with different tyre specs. When you click through it will display the tyres for the original reg. Must be a cookie problem.
 Asda Tyres - madf
Works oK here. Chrome.

If you use IE, it may go bosoms up.
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
Why would I use IE... I use a Mac. It remembered the other car details in Safari. I didn't try Chrome or Safari I'll admit.

The majority of users will use IE probably. Great business model.
 Asda Tyres - R.P.
£126.00 a cover for Run Flats for the Beemer - close to what I paid National Tyres a few months ago.
Site works well.
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
I put in details of my wife's car and the cheapest non-brand-unknown-unheard-of option was more than we got for Pirelli's from our local place.

And then I tried my car.... seemed cheap for 235/40R18 tyres. Except they listed 13" tyres for the FIAT!
Last edited by: rtj70 on Wed 16 Jan 13 at 18:41
 Asda Tyres - R.P.
My quote was for OE Conti RFs - LingLong tyres were around £50.00 - On a 3 litre RWD 220bhp car - don't think so.
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
>> My quote was for OE Conti RFs - LingLong tyres were around £50.00 - On a 3 litre RWD 220bhp car - don't think so.

Exactly. I can expect mine to be at least £160 per tyre. It's only 168bhp but a heavy diesel with 350lb/ft of torque.
 Asda Tyres - R.P.
Just checked - The tyres cost me £145.00 each from National Tyres. I'll these guys next time unless Nat Tyres match it
Last edited by: R.P. on Wed 16 Jan 13 at 18:52
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
I hope the lease company don't use these... I see the adverts above.... cheapest for my car are about £66. Would you use Linglong tyres? Cheapest Contintental tyres (mine has these but are the variety that self heal for small punctures)... is about £100 more per tyre. Cheapest for self-seal Conti tyres is now a 235/40R18 95W XL Sport Contact 5 Seal which is just under £200 per tyre. About what I thought.

So I'll get Linglong provided next ;-)
 Asda Tyres - CGNorwich
www.tyrepress.com/News/51/China/22819.html
 Asda Tyres - RattleandSmoke
Quoted £51 for my Eco Contact 3, not bad if they come out to you. I paid £45 at my local Event branch but of course if they come out you would expect to pay more.
 Asda Tyres - rtj70
I don't think they come out to you but you go to a nearest tyre fitter, e.g. Halfords.
 Asda Tyres - Zero
Finns like to drive around with the ass end of the car hanging out at 90 degrees, when they are not leaping over yumps
 Asda Tyres - Falkirk Bairn
Checked the size for my car - only one make offered - Dunlops which are the std fit!. £162 each which is £18-£20 cheaper than most,,,,,,,,,that said KF & Others will match the cheapest deal around and KF made a good job with my DiL's car and came to the house.

Quoted distance to the nearest Asda fitter was 8 miles (as the crow flies) more like 12 miles / 20 minutes each way.
 Asda Tyres - BobbyG
Tyres seem a but dearer than my local indie that I use but coincidentally that local indie is the one the website directs you to for fitting!

Last time I looked at one of these online tyre companies and contacted the local fitter who they recommended, the fitter told me they would do the tyres for cheaper.
 Asda Tyres - Dave
There's no horse meat in them, is there?
 Asda Tyres - Bigtee
Works ok for me.

If Asda had it's own fitting station at the side of the supermarket it would do well i think.

ATS used to have one up here 20 years ago before asda extended and that did well.

Costco have there own place to do tyres while you shop.
 Asda Tyres - Dave_
>> Costco have there own place to do tyres while you shop

Am I missing something with Costco? I'm neither self employed nor a company director so I can't shop there and that's that, am I right?
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Thu 17 Jan 13 at 11:37
 Asda Tyres - BobbyG
No, have a whole load of professions / employers that membership is open to
 Asda Tyres - Alanovich
You're not missing anything Dave, unless you've got the space to store 240 toilet rolls. the savings aren't all that anyway, in my experience. I had a membership, tried it several times, but realised I could get my groceries at Lidl/Aldi just as cheap, just as good in quality, and in convenient (i.e.weekly/monthly) amounts.
 Asda Tyres - CGNorwich
According to their website you have to be working for or retired from a list of specified occupations and fork out £25. I think the condition is basically a marketing gimmick to make it seem more exclusive than it is. Nothing to stop you just lying on the application.

Quite honestly unless y are the sort of person who likes to stack up 200 bottles of washing up liquid in your garage I wouldn't bother. You can buy as cheap elsewhere.
 Asda Tyres - Dave_
That's what I thought. I do a small weekly supermarket shop and that's about it, the only other time I "do" retail is buying presents at Christmas. Unlikely that I'd save myself the £30 annual membership fee, even if I bought tyres there as well.
 CostCoTyres - sherlock47
The best justification is if you want tyres when they have a 4 for 3 promotion on Michelins. Effectively 25% off the BlackCircle prices.
 CostCoTyres - BobbyG
We have a certain list of items we get from Costco - like their big pizzas, tattie scones, burgers and chips that we like.

Their fresh meat is very good as well, sometimes on a par or cheaper than supermarkets but much better quality.

And if you time your visit right, they have lots of sampling on and you can save yourself the price of a dinner by the time you have gone round :)

Oh and their cafe, £1.50 (I think) for a proper hot dog and endless refills of fizzy juice
 CostCoTyres - Bigtee
Costco Chickens cooked larger and cheaper than asda & agree there meat is very nice.

But this has nowt to do with Asda Tyres. :-)
 CostCoTyres - Bill Payer
>> The best justification is if you want tyres when they have a 4 for 3
>> promotion on Michelins. Effectively 25% off the BlackCircle prices.
>>
They do 20% off deals every 6mths or so, but you have to buy 4 tyres (can be for different cars though, or you can take 2 away and get them fitted later).

They only sell Michelin but are starting to introduce Continental in some sizes. They used to be cheap all the time and then the offers made them staggeringly cheap but those days have gone now.

Generally on Costco, the quality of everything they sell is very high, and, with a few recently introduced exceptions such as flat screen TVs, it's effectively guaranteed for ever as you can return the item for a full refund. They also have very large parking spaces!
 Asda Tyres - Bill Payer
>> If Asda had it's own fitting station at the side of the supermarket it would
>> do well i think.
>>
Walmart stores in the US have them, so it wouldn't be a big stretch for Asda. There'a lot more space in the US though - I doubt a tyre bay would give Adsa the same return per sq ft they'd get if it was normal shop-floor space.
Latest Forum Posts