Motoring Discussion > Vauxhall - replacing car keys
Thread Author: slowdown avenue Replies: 12

Vauxhall - replacing car keys - slowdown avenue
ive lost ( had stolen) keys corsa b 1999 agila a 2006 have a spare for corsa that only opens the doors and ignition. have spare for agila that dosn't have remote function. just been to vaux main dealer to ask for car pass ( lost by previous owner) £28.50
have bought an op-com fault reader with key function as i wish to diy this operation.
can any body tell me the transponder chip numbers from this model car, look inside your key.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 29 Jan 13 at 00:50
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - Victorbox
>> can any body tell me the transponder chip numbers from this model car, look
>> inside your key.
The chips look like small lumps of metal with no identification numbers on them example here: i42.tinypic.com/1fjx52.jpg That's what the Pass Card is for.
yes thats what they look like but they have different part numbers on them , like some are for door remotes and alarms . looking to source from ebay trying to make sure get the correct chips and keys , funny how not sure exactly what it looked like.
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - VxFan
>> yes thats what they look like but they have different part numbers on them
>> , like some are for door remotes and alarms

The transponder chip is for the immobiliser only (and alarm if fitted - but only as a last resort to silence the alarm if the fob battery is flat and the remote operation doesn't turn it off).

The door remote operation (and alarm) is done by the PCB, not the transponder chip. You could remove the transponder chip and the remote fob would still unlock the doors and turn off the alarm.

edit - I suspect your 06 Algila fob will be like my Vectra fob. The transponder is attached to the PCB, and not separate like it's shown in the picture Victorbox posted. The Corsa one will probably be like the picture that was posted though.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 18 Jan 13 at 00:50
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - ....
I'm sure the original request is with the best of intentions. The folks from nicked2order are waiting for the information too.

Who'd be a moderator ?
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - WillDeBeest
Does anyone nick Vauxhalls to order?
};---)
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - No FM2R
Should think that's the only way it happens, you wouldn't be nicking them from choice.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 18 Jan 13 at 09:27
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - spamcan61
You can probably get a new blipper for the Agila from here:-

www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/categories/Vauxhall/Remote-Spare-Parts/

no idea on the Corsa, but i'd be interested to see if you can match a new chip to the car using op-com as I'll buy it of you can.
cheers for that, i let you know
done it! got key from carkeyhelp he didnt need to have the code ,but i got it anyway ,from vauxhall at a price and a long time wait . the op-com worked but i needed some help with it.
overall would have been easier to have got a lock set from ebay. but still, i now can delete stolen key from the agila when i feel in the mood
Thanks for the update, SWMBO's Zafira has different keys for ignition and doors, I was tempted to do a lock swap with one of my Vectras, but I think the locks are physically different; must check out the 'bay. Annoyingly a Vectra blipper won't synchronise to the Zafira either, I'd assumed they were all the same frequency.
 Vauxhall - replacing car keys - VxFan
>> Annoyingly a Vectra blipper won't synchronise to the Zafira either, I'd assumed they were all the same frequency.

2nd hand or new blipper?

If 2nd hand, then it cannot be reprogrammed. If by "synchronise" you mean putting the key in the ignition and pressing the lock/unlock button, then you can only do that with keys that have already been married up to the car via Tech2 or similar coding device.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 26 Jan 13 at 00:24
I had a cunning plan; I sat in the car with the blipperless but functional Zafira key in the ignition and blipped away with my Vectra key - well I tried 2 different ones actually. No cigar though, maybe they use different base codes for different models.
Latest Forum Posts