Motoring Discussion > Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 14

Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - VxFan
Claimed to have been travelling on the M4 like this.

i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/markstuartlee/Car/file-26.jpg

i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/markstuartlee/Car/file-25.jpg

i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/markstuartlee/Car/file-24.jpg

Enough evidence to prosecute, but all the police seem interested in doing is notifying people via twitter to clear your windscreens before setting off.

tinyurl.com/ag3hotg - www.itv.com/news
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 21 Jan 13 at 13:23
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - BobbyG
Sadly it looks genuine to me. But maybe someone has gone to a big effort to photoshop it.
Last edited by: BobbyG on Mon 21 Jan 13 at 13:28
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Zero
Looks real to me. And probable.
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - ToMoCo
It does look real.

But, Looking at the surrounding cars/land, it looks to have traveled some distance, and, 'travelling at 60-70 mph' - wouldn't there be a lot blowing off?
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Boxsterboy
It's real. It is an Audi - we expect this from their drivers, don't we?
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Alanovich
At least he/she had the good sense to clear the number plate, so they can receive any pertinent automated penalties. Well done.

(I reckon it's a photoshop job.)
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Cliff Pope
Fake or not, I've seen plenty around that aren't far short of that example.

It's almost universal to clear the windscreen but leave a foot of snow on the roof, ready to cascade down when the car brakes.

It seems to be a point of honour amongst nearly all motorists only to clear the minimum necessary to make some kind of progress.
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Robin O'Reliant
Fake.
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Haywain
Privacy glass?
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - WillDeBeest
I think it's real too. Fresh snow slides and blows off easily but, as I found when I dug out the Volvo this afternoon, snow that's had three days to part-thaw and refreeze is much more adhesive. Takes a lot of waste engine heat to melt it too - more than a modern diesel engine might be able to provide.
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Dave_
I trailered a car from Derby to Merthyr Tydfil this morning - the car started with a 3" covering, I only cleared enough from the windscreen and the driver's door to be able to see to line it up on the ramps. 4 hours and 150 miles later most of the remaining snow was still there.
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - IJWS14
Saw one similar yesterday morning, lots of snow, silver audi!
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - Alastairw
I wondered about that this morning. In particular, would the snow gathering on a trailer (or truck for that matter) possibly take a fully loaded truck over its max weight?
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - ....
Could be an off duty tank driver who has not noticed the snow.
Long way from Edinburgh though.
Last edited by: gmac on Tue 22 Jan 13 at 14:20
 Fake or genuine? Snow covered windscreen. - WillDeBeest
Took me 40 minutes this morning to excavate enough LEC to drive to work, and that still meant leaving on the roof and bonnet a generous layer of stuff that would have taken a chisel to remove. Most of it was still there 25 miles later but it had all gone by lunchtime, presumably from residual heat gradually warming the panels. If I'd trailered it the same distance, I expect it would still be encrusted.

Memo to self - and Humph: must get some rubber-soled work shoes for days like this.
Latest Forum Posts