Motoring Discussion > It does pay to moan to the AA. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 4

It does pay to moan to the AA. - Bigtee
AA membership has come through and it's the Gold Membership with roadside and free home start at £68.59

RAC do same plus recovery to your home for £74.99

Picked the phone up to the AA and told them i was leaving saved a £10.00 off the bill, amazing what a little moan can get you.

Gold Membership came free for been with them a while just get extra bits over the standard membership ok if driving abroad & legal cover etc.
 It does pay to moan to the AA. - Robin O'Reliant
My quote this year was around £160 and I got it down to £110. The last three years they put it down to £85 after I phoned but they wouldn't go that far on this occasion.

I should add that Mrs RR has been a member for 40 years which probably helps.
Last edited by: Robin Regal on Sat 26 Jan 13 at 17:08
 It does pay to moan to the AA. - DP
Moaning has saved me £388 this week. Admittedly I was unequivocally in the right but I could easily have sat back and paid it.
 It does pay to moan to the AA. - Mapmaker
>>>I should add that Mrs RR has been a member for 40 years which probably helps....

...to keep the price up. Nothing like blind loyalty for encouraging being ripped off!

Given that the AA has had three owners over this 40 years, with a fourth likely. Why would a new owner care how long you've been a member.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Mon 28 Jan 13 at 12:02
 It does pay to moan to the AA. - WillDeBeest
Because an existing customer is worth more than any number of prospects. If you lose that revenue, your cost of sale to recover it from a new customer will be far greater. I'm a cost of sale myself, and I know how much more I have to do to win new business than to develop what we already have.

This year's negotiation point will be to remind the AA that, much as we like it, we now have manufacturer-sponsored cover for both cars (yes, even the ten-year-old one) so arguably we don't need to renew at all.
Latest Forum Posts