Motoring Discussion > Overtaking can spill the milk Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 16

Overtaking can spill the milk - henry k
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUeISZMVJyo
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Zero
If that were me driving the car with the camera in, I would be overwhelmed with the desire to beat the other driver repeatedly around the head with a jack handle and kick him violently while he was down.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 28 Jan 13 at 19:15
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Aretas
I think the driver in the camera car was a signifucant contributor to the accident. Realising someone was undertaking he speeded and destroyed the gap between his car and the truck.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Zero
>> I think the driver in the camera car was a signifucant contributor to the accident.

Significant contributor? Are you mad?
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Dutchie
The lunatic overtaking the camara car was going at speed.I think I would have been tempted to slap his nose back in his wrecked car.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Bromptonaut
>> >> I think the driver in the camera car was a signifucant contributor to the
>> accident.
>>
>> Significant contributor? Are you mad?

Definitely had a role. There are effectively four lanes (2 each way) but the camera car is obstructing the outer one for far longer than he needs to. And then as Aretas says he seems to speed up.

If he wasn't responding to the undertaker then he was lacking in observation.

Mind you, something more nifty than a Lada wouldn't have lifted it's wheel as easily.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 28 Jan 13 at 20:33
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Armel Coussine
>> Definitely had a role... he seems to speed up.

Yes. They are both idiots, and both got their comeuppance. Of the two, the camera car is more murderous.

The Lada driver was lucky to emerge apparently undamaged. Will he monitor his tyre pressures in future? I doubt it.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - R.P.
According to the comments one of the occupants of the Lada died.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - rtj70
Only one person is seen getting out of the crashed car. I assume the driver didn't make it then.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - sherlock47
Are we sure that it is a 4 lane road? I could not see lane markings. Looks bit tight to me.

I think it is an old 3 lane road that has been remarked with a centre line.
>> Are we sure that it is a 4 lane road? I could not see lane
>> markings. Looks bit tight to me.
>>
>> I think it is an old 3 lane road that has been remarked with a
>> centre line.

No lane markings but there seem to using it as two lanes. Judging by the vehicles it's former iron curtain territory so western Europe's assumptions and protocols about lanes/lines may not apply.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - Manatee
I'd have to go with Zero on this one.

It looks to me as if the camera car driver is moving up cautiously for an overtake, probably very focused on oncoming traffic and waiting for a bit of extra clearance to pass the larger vehicle, i.e. a break in the oncoming stream of overtakers

At the critical moment, the Lada comes up fast on the inside and cuts across.

How much time do you spend looking in your nearside mirror when you are preparing to overtake?

A more than usually alert and capable driver might have picked up on what was happening there but most wouldn't.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - crocks
There is not a lot of room to pass the coach, a double white line, and we don't know the size of the camera vehicle.

My guess is he felt unable to pass but sped up to try and stop the undertaker passing.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - No FM2R
>>but the camera car is obstructing the outer one for far longer than he needs to

Well, that it then. See someone in your way, don't think they should be? No worries, drive too fast up the inside of them, swerve out past a bus, hit oncoming traffic and then point out that its not all your fault, its because the other driver didn't let you overtake.

Dear God, what is this world coming to?

Overtaking can spill the milk - rtj70
I think the driver didn't get out of that alive. Darwin Award?
>> Well, that it then. See someone in your way, don't think they should be? No
>> worries, drive too fast up the inside of them, swerve out past a bus, hit
>> oncoming traffic and then point out that its not all your fault, its because the
>> other driver didn't let you overtake.
>>
>> Dear God, what is this world coming to?

Explaining not justifying.

Look how much heat CLOGers (and for that matter cyclists riding primary) generate in this country.
 Overtaking can spill the milk - No FM2R
>>Explaining not justifying.

I realise, but I don't think we should try to.

Just put them in a prison for the hard of thinking.
Latest Forum Posts