Motoring Discussion > Only a decapitated bus Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 10

Only a decapitated bus - Manatee
But quite a good one. Very neat.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-21229913

You do have to wonder about the driver's reaction time, or maybe he was just going quite quickly.
 Only a decapitated bus - Bromptonaut
>> But quite a good one. Very neat.
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-21229913
>>
>> You do have to wonder about the driver's reaction time, or maybe he was just
>> going quite quickly.
>

Or he forgot he wasn't in a single decker today.
 Only a decapitated bus - Manatee
Sort of assumed that anyway Bromp - but if he noticed when he hit the bridge it took him a while to stop - the bus and the roof finished on opposite sides.
 Only a decapitated bus - R.P.
We are as concerned by this incident as we suspect other local people will be.

"The exact cause of it is being investigated and the appropriate action will be taken as a result. It is too early to speculate as to what the outcome of the investigation will be."

"In relation to the previous incident, the cause of that was determined to be human error and the appropriate action was taken as a result."

A Network Rail spokesperson said: "When road vehicles strike railway bridges, it can cause damage, delay and cost to the railway.

Some comments straight from the "bleedin obvious chapter" of the media relations handbook.
 Only a decapitated bus - BiggerBadderDave
This company could sort that mess out.

tinyurl.com/adb3rfs
 Only a decapitated bus - RattleandSmoke
I cannot believe how old that bus is, I can't see the reg, but it looks like an old Dominator from the late 80's/early 90's. I suspect it might be on a G plate as first had quite a few of them.

First have a very bad reputation in Manchester, they are trying to reverse it by introducing the buses they bought for the Olympics but they have just sold their Wigan depot to Stagecoach.

Thankfully where I live it is Stagecoach, and as much as I hate Brian Souter it is a very well run and professional operation. A 56 plate Stagecoach bus is considered mid life.

>> Thankfully where I live it is Stagecoach, and as much as I hate Brian Souter
>> it is a very well run and professional operation. A 56 plate Stagecoach bus is
>> considered mid life.

We've got some a lot older than that round here Ian. S prefix. Stagecoach United Counties.
 Only a decapitated bus - Duncan
>>and as much as I hate Brian Souter
>>

Why?
 Only a decapitated bus - TeeCee
>> "The exact cause of it is being investigated".....

Well, unless the bridge lowered itself at the last minute or was beamed down from space right in front of the bus, I can only think of one.

No doubt there will be some waffle about poor signage, but at the end of the day the very obvious hole in front of the driver was smaller than the very obviously large bus he was sat in.
I guess if he was doing 20-30 and didn't twigg until the bang then it doesn't take long. Just a good job it was 'empty to depot' and not full of kids.
 Only a decapitated bus - Cliff Pope
"Thankfully, owing to sturdy engineering by the Victorians, rarely is the damage significant ".

So if the Victorians had built the buses, but we built the bridges .......
Latest Forum Posts