Motoring Discussion > what a mess Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zookeeper Replies: 5

what a mess - zookeeper
heres one for inspector barnaby
no one died but i cant think for the life of me
the trailor tyres blew

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-21291471
 what a mess - WillDeBeest
It is believed to have been carrying paper to a paper mill in Watchet.

And I always thought paper was what came out of a paper mill. Recycling, I suppose.
 what a mess - No FM2R
>>Recycling, I suppose.

Can be used paper, or produced but unused paper form another mill.

That particular plant has several products made from recycled material.

www.dssmithpaper.com/mills/wansbrough
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 1 Feb 13 at 16:08
 what a mess - Pat
Paper reels are usually imported and are transported from the docks to the paper mills ( or all the way by road) to be made into magazines, newspapers toilet rolls cardboard etc.

Looks like the rear tyres caught on the small stumpy rock on the right as he tried to get through the gap.

Maybe he was trying to avoid Porlock Hill.....

Pat
 what a mess - Mike Hannon
>>It is believed to have been carrying paper to a paper mill in Watchet.

And I always thought paper was what came out of a paper mill. Recycling, I suppose.<<

Right first time. My father once ran the fleet of lorries that did nothing but carry waste paper to Wansbrough mill at Watchet, owned in those days by Reed and Smith. It always seemed an ideal sort of operation - lots of community groups all over Somerset made useful income by recycling paper and there was no need for local authority spies or any of the nasty paraphernalia that goes with recycling nowadays.
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Sat 2 Feb 13 at 11:12
 what a mess - Mike Hannon
Got timed out again.
He wasn't avoiding Porlock Hill. Brompton Regis is just off the B road between Wiveliscombe and Watchet. I reckon he accidentally went straight on instead of following the main road curving to the right at the village junction just north-west of Pitsford Hill - and for something that size there's only one way back, which is through the village and out the other side. If you're lucky...
Latest Forum Posts