Motoring Discussion > Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault?
Thread Author: carmalade Replies: 11

Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - carmalade
I believe the new A class is fitted with Renault engines and based on a Megane chassis.So is it a re-bodied Megane?
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Armel Coussine
Or better still, a Dacia? I eagerly anticipate the first Rolls-Royce badged Wartburg.
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Alastairw
While it may have a Renault developed engine, it is a Merc platform, shared with the B class and a couple of other yet to be launched variants (CLA Coupe? GLK? I forget.)

Whether Renault may subsequently use it for a new Migraine I do not know, but tbh I doubt it.
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Old Navy
Regardless of the name on the front, (or back), they are all bashed out sheet steel with some oily bits and seats. Made with many generic parts under the skin.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 5 Feb 13 at 19:57
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Dutchie
Spot on ON.We could do with a new Lada.
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Clk Sec
I've seen a few pics and it's a nice looking car, slightly longer and wider than the existing A class. And some say, about £3000 more expensive.

Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Clk Sec
Not being one of the forum plutocrats I won't be replacing my barge with a Merc, but I am put off when the Renault name enters the equation. Hence Nissan is no longer an option.
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Dave_
>> I've seen a few pics and it's a nice looking car, slightly longer and wider than the existing A class

I've nosed around a couple. Almost the same size, shape and proportions as a BMW 1-series. Inoffensive looks, no quirky sandwich-floor design this time, aspirational badge on each end, should sell easily.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Wed 6 Feb 13 at 21:34
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Zero
Nowt wrong with renault engines, and renault floorpans are up there with the best for rigidity, ride and handling.

Its all the crap that is built on it or connects it together you need to worry about. IF MB are doing that bit its not a problem.
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Londoner
The Mercedes A-class has to sell in a fiercely competitive segment. Being able to use the very good Renault diesels improves its chances significantly.

It's a fine example of Franco-German co-operation to go along with others such as PSA/Opel and "Everything Everywhere."

Get used to it - it's the future. ;-)
 Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Runfer D'Hills
>>Nowt wrong with renault engines...

Nnnnnnnggaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNN.....NURSE !!!!

Mercedes Benz - Is the new Mercedes A class a Renault? - Zero
>> >>Nowt wrong with renault engines...
>>
>> Nnnnnnnggaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> NNNNNN.....NURSE !!!!

Seriously, ok so the 2.2dci did need some consumer testing, and you were chosen, but hey - we thank you.
Latest Forum Posts