Motoring Discussion > Mazda Xedos 6 - Insurance renewal - question Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

Mazda Xedos 6 - Insurance renewal - question - Falkirk Bairn
I have 2 x cars, a new car and my trusty Xedos of 14 years.......Xedos insurance due at end of month.

Been with Esure 12 yrs....never the cheapest but within £10-£15 of comparison site lowest once excesses are equalized etc and comparing apples with apples.

Renewal is £169 - Comp - (3rd Party F&T is dearer!)

Comparison site sent e-mail with link to new quotes they had with my history etc and as nothing has changed the quotes are OK for accuracy.

ESure (Broker), Halifax, AA are the cheapest (£118-£130) - the insurer is Ageas - looked them up and they were Fortis in a previous life.

Does anyone know of Ageas? UK or India/Phillipines type call centre.
The value of my car is buttons really, say a few £hundred, and a £40-£50 saving -

Is it worth a move? or pay £169 and move on.

I do not know how good/bad Esure are, if you were to claim as I have not claimed in 12 years with them except for a windscreen and that was handled OK with a £50 excess.
 Mazda Xedos 6 - Insurance renewal - question - R.P.
Have you tried L&V - UK call centres and very good customer services ? (oh and cheap)
 Mazda Xedos 6 - Insurance renewal - question - Lygonos
I was with LV, and this year got insurance a lot cheaper from Esure (£155 vs £270 iirc) so I wonder if LV have re-jigged their prices to make up for a few relatively cheap years?
 Mazda Xedos 6 - Insurance renewal - question - Auristocrat
Ageas is the UK's 4th largest car insurer, and includes RIAS, Castle Cover, Kwikfit Insurance and Tesco Underwriting Ltd amongst its brands.
We've been with LV for both of our cars for several years now. My partners car insurance is up for renewal this month, and this year I was expecting an increase due to the EU legislation on equalising female insurance.
However the renewal came in at £295 about £15 less than last year, despite a change in car for a new model.
Latest Forum Posts