Motoring Discussion > Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 12

Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Focusless
...but that's £13m worth so not too bad I suppose!
tinyurl.com/awn2lvk (DM)
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 7 Feb 13 at 12:08
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - madf
The comments are very amusing..
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Boxsterboy
"she works 24 hours a day"

Yes, I believe everything I read in the papers, especially the Daily Mail!
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - rtj70
They seem to imply she earns about £100k pa and work round the clock when needed. Yes I believe that too. Not!

To be honest, for people able to afford and want these cars... you don't need a sales person at all. Just a showroom and someone to show the cars. They sell themselves surely.
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - BobbyG
Mrs Saleswoman, does it have a heated windscreen?

Mmm no

OK, I will buy a Mondeo then.......
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Zero
>> Mrs Saleswoman, does it have a heated windscreen?
>>
>> Mmm no
>>
>> OK, I will buy a Mondeo then.......

yes, I honestly think you would....
Humph would want her to fit a bike rack on it.......
Just don't tell him the cost of replacement mirrors.....
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Runfer D'Hills
Veyron with a bike rack?

Coooooooooool !
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Runfer D'Hills
Although, and 'twas ever thus...

If a product is selling well, "Well of course these things sell themseves y'know..."

If a product is selling poorly, "Well, of course the sales team are rubbish y'know..."

Whether she is actually any good or not, someone has to make the customer comfortable with both the major and minor elements of the deal and presumably she does at least that.

Sales people are almost universally reviled both by those inside and outside their companies, sometimes of course with good cause but some of them are the very backbone of their organisations. Companies can have as many computer screen peerers as they like on the payroll but unless someone actually sells the products they are left with nothing to add up on their wretched little spreadsheets.

Not that I'm bitter...

:-)

Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Londoner
"Sales people are almost universally reviled both by those inside and outside their companies, sometimes of course with good cause..."

Such as this one (which is very close to home and has happened many times).
1) Salesman sells a product which does not exist yet to a customer.
2) Developers work like trojans, including weekends to make the product in record time.
3) Company makes a sale, and Salesman gets a nice big bonus.
4) Developers get a "Thank You" email from the MD.

Of course the salesman had vital role in making the sale, but it was a team effort in getting the product to the customer. so why shouldn't the rewards be spread?
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Bill Payer
>> Of course the salesman had vital role in making the sale, but it was a
>> team effort in getting the product to the customer. so why shouldn't the rewards be
>> spread?
>>
...because if the salesman hadn't sold the product and given the developers something to do, they'd have been made redundant?
 Poor saleswoman only sells 11 cars in year... - Bill Payer
>> To be honest, for people able to afford and want these cars... you don't need
>> a sales person at all. Just a showroom and someone to show the cars. They
>> sell themselves surely.
>>
The article only hints at it (talks about networking) but I imagine that these cars really do have to be 'sold'. She makes contact with the kind of people she thinks might be interested and introduces the idea to them of owning a such a car. That really is proper selling.

I think it's pretty unlikely that the sort of people who buy these cars just wander into the showroom.
Latest Forum Posts