Motoring Discussion > When will they ever learn ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 22

When will they ever learn ? - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-21377614
 When will they ever learn ? - BobbyG
These two won't
 When will they ever learn ? - Haywain
As long as they didn't take any innocents with them.......
 When will they ever learn ? - Robin O'Reliant
It's the owners of the parked cars I feel sorry for. Sorting the insurance must be a nightmare if a stolen car's written yours off.
 When will they ever learn ? - diddy1234
darwinism at its best
 When will they ever learn ? - madf
S3s are preferred choice for scroat...
 When will they ever learn ? - TeeCee
>> It's the owners of the parked cars I feel sorry for. Sorting the insurance must
>> be a nightmare if a stolen car's written yours off.
>>

Not a nightmare, just expensive. If you're fully comp, your insurance company get to take it on the chin and you get to take it in the wallet come renewal time. If you're TPF&T, you are probably stuffed, although it does say that the parked cars were subject to fire damage, so maybe........
In theory you could sue the driver personally, if they have any assets to make it worthwhile, but that option's not even on the table here as poetic justice got there first.
 When will they ever learn ? - bathtub tom
If the car the ex-scrotes nicked was insured then isn't that insurance company liable?

It doesn't seem fair, but 5h1t happens.
 When will they ever learn ? - Fullchat
Normally damage only uninsured identified driver MIB will take a hit. Don't know whether it applies in these circumstances though.
 When will they ever learn ? - No FM2R
Fullchat;

See link. - FAQ No 12.

www.mib.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/031A958B-1950-4064-8367-EAE93C4DB5AE/0/FAQGuaranteedFund.pdf
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 8 Feb 13 at 16:56
 When will they ever learn ? - Fullchat
I thank you.

Learn something new every day :)
yay! Two less. Result.
 When will they ever learn ? - Robin O'Reliant
>> yay! Two less. Result.
>>

That's harsh and uncaring, but I agree with it.
 When will they ever learn ? - Westpig
How long before some hag is on the news moaning about the Police killing her little cherub... by having the audacity to go after them initially for their outright criminality...just before their suicidal and criminally reckless driving that ended up in their own deaths.
Whilst the moaning hag is annoying, the sanctimonious pfd listening to her and repeating her outrage are worse.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Tue 12 Feb 13 at 12:17
 When will they ever learn ? - Westpig
>> Whilst the moaning hag is annoying, the sanctimonious pfd listening to her and repeating her
>> outrage are worse.
>>
True.

At least the 'hag' should be pitied for her loss and suffering, even if her offspring was a scrote and she quite possibly had a part to play in it.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Tue 12 Feb 13 at 12:17
 When will they ever learn ? - Zero
Steady on lads, "the hag" has not even surfaced yet and here you are dissing her. I really would laugh if she did surface and say " he was a git and I hope he gets all he deserves"
 When will they ever learn ? - PhilW
"he was a git and I hope he gets all he deserves"
Sure you are wrong - he was always a lively, fun loving lad and was only having a laugh/up for a laugh.
 When will they ever learn ? - henry k
No names offered yet.

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/salford-car-crash-explosion-nine-car-1594388
 When will they ever learn ? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> "he was a git and I hope he gets all he deserves"
>> Sure you are wrong - he was always a lively, fun loving lad and was
>> only having a laugh/up for a laugh.
>>
"naaah - he was a smashing lad - used to buy his mum flowers and that!"

The media house where I work publishes a tabloid, and these scenarios are a bit of an in-joke amongst the staff.
Any deserving scumbag dies/gets killed, and there's always some family member/friend/neighbour prepared to sing their praises/justify what they did/claim nobody knew he was actually a gangster.

Then the shout goes up:

"he was a churchgoer! Sang in the choir! Helped old ladies with their shopping! rescued kittens!" etc etc etc.
In fact, the more vile and sickening the crime was, the more sanctified the villain becomes, in our macabre little world.
Black humour, I know.
 When will they ever learn ? - Ian (Cape Town)
On a similar note - and as this is a motoring board - the local boy racers always come out strongly in the print media and on social networks when one of their number offs himself in an automobile-related incident.
A while back some morons were racing each other in their fast-and-furious inspired cars on a busy section of freeway, doing speeds described by eye-witnesses of over 100mph as they weaved their way through the traffic.
the inevitable happened, with one of the cars ending up wrapped round a tree - 2 dead.
The next day, all the excuses under the sun came out - he swerved to avoid a dog, he was a very good driver, somebody cut in front of him etc etc etc.

There have been many attempts by the motor-racing fraternity and the police to get these morons legitimised, and onto the track.dragstrip, but they have come to nothing.

It is much easier to boast how you beat a GTi by two carlengths/3 lampposts than to admit to haveing your clock cleaned by a chap in a mk1 golf. Or worse - by a GIRL in a Mk1 golf!
 When will they ever learn ? - sherlock47
Ian (Cape Town) said

>>Black humour, I know.<<<

as a journo, are you allowed to put this in print:)
Last edited by: pmh on Sat 9 Feb 13 at 07:47
 When will they ever learn ? - CGNorwich
"naaah - he was a smashing lad - used to buy his mum flowers and that!"

Being a criminal and loving your mum aren't of course mutually exclusive as Gilbert and Sullivan pointed out in one of their more famous songs.

When the enterprising burglar's not a-burgling
When the cutthroat isn't occupied in crime
He loves to hear the little brook a-gurgling
And listen to the merry village chime
When the coster's finished jumping on his mother
He loves to lie a-basking in the sun
Taking one consideration with another
A policeman's lot is not a happy one
When constabulary duties to be done, to be done
A policeman's lot is not a happy one
When the drunkard shows no sign of where the drink went
He nobly bids all alchohol farewell