Motoring Discussion > Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 5

Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker - VxFan
Range Rover in for repair clocked doing 93mph

tinyurl.com/ay3e393 -- www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/

The car is owned by Farmoor-based Warburton Building Services and like every vehicle in the engineering company’s fleet has a tracker device on board.

Whenever a vehicle goes over 85mph it sends notification to the company of the time, place and speed.

The Range Rover Sport was recorded at 93mph on the A420 near Botley at 4.27pm on Wednesday, January 30.

It then slowed to 82mph before dropping below 70 three miles further on.

At 4.30pm on the same stretch of road the car was then clocked at 92mph and then 90mph before slowing as it approached a roundabout.

And the garages excuse was "The technician is 52 and very experienced. He did admit he took his eyes off the speed limit, because he was concentrating on fixing the light and seeing what was faulty. We need to replicate the conditions of the fault in order to fix the fault, which we did. The light didn’t go on until a particular speed was reached, but as the technician admitted he was not watching the clock.”

Thames Valley Police declined to comment!!
 Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker - Bromptonaut
The husband of one of my colleagues got a ticket today from a London Borough iro a 'box junction' infringement caught on camera.

Not her driving she says as she was at work that day. Teenage son about to be fingered when it occured that infringement was on day car was delivered and before arrival at their house.

Difficult call to be made to supplying dealer.
 Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker - Dutchie
93MPH that is quick and very naughty.What a excuse he was looking at instruments the mechanic mumbles.Pull the other one.
 Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker - Bill Payer
It's not that quick, and it's a car that would still be a million miles inside its capabilities at that speed.

I don't know that road though, so it might be competely inappropriate.

I'm more concerned that it sounds like the driver's mind was on other things.
 Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker - BobbyG
So the company are only notified at speeds more than 85mph which I assume will be real 85mph, so 90 or so speedo.

Seems a hugely common sense approach to take, but one that we wouldn't expect in today's society!
 Garage tech caught speeding by customers tracker - Armel Coussine
>> it sounds like the driver's mind was on other things.

Not to me it doesn't. He was just having a blast at a slightly illegal speed. The claim that he 'got distracted from the speedometer' is pure excrement, an excuse and not a convincing one. Reminiscent of that Arthur Scargill claiming that his cruise control had let him down when he was clocked at something like 120 on a motorway.
Latest Forum Posts